Friday, February 5, 2010

toys - overrated

Sometimes I wonder if Santa wasted a trip... Harper loves playing with things around the house! Her favorites are laundry baskets, gift bags, and magazines to name a few. Here's the latest...


Rubber gloves-


got gloves?


This was at my parents' house. She kept going back into the kitchen, opening up the cabinet under the sink to get the gloves. Maybe we should get her some. In pink.


Shoes-


shoe thief


I have quite a few pictures of her playing with our shoes. She really likes the ones that have laces and prefers to drag them all over the house.


Water (a.k.a. "wah-wah" as Harper calls it)


water closeup


This will buy us precious time if we are getting ready in the bathroom. She will stand there and pretend to wash her hands. It was very cute until I realized she was drying her hands on my vanity stool cushion. I realized that after I had sat down on it!



wah-wah


Cheap entertainment! I know the day is coming when she will learn that all you have to do is turn that little knob and on comes the water. That will be fun. Can you see me in this pic? :)

As for the 12 lasagnas currently camping in my freezer...
10 of them are about to leave! I am excited to be participating in a 'cook and swap' freezable dish exchange with some friends. It's been in the works for a few weeks now and we are swapping our dishes Sunday night. There are six of us, and each of us prepared one recipe six times. Instead of doing six large rectangular pans, we split it into half portions so that is why I had twelve 8 x 8 pans. So... a couple hours of work and I am getting 12 meals in my freezer. Woo hoo! Our group consists of working moms, stay-at-home-moms, and a soon-to-be-mom with one major thing in common - we love a timesaver! And a moneysaver too!

I got my lasagna recipe out of a book called Fix, Freeze, Feast and the recipe was already setup to prepare in multiples so it made it easy to buy ingredients in bulk. If you are interested in any of the recipes we used I'll be glad to post them. Here's to not having to worry about "what's for dinner?" for a while!

4 blog buddies said...:

Unknown said...

Love the pics...so glad that I can see them here now :o) And I soo need to get that cookbook! I would love to start a swap here. Great idea!

Crystal said...

Santa didn't waste a trip. She's just easily entertained. I love her so much.

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

I know what you mean Teale. CG favorite is our shoes. She drags them around everywhere and will play with them for hours if we let her.

I'm excited about the cook and swap. I've been working on mine today and yesterday. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

HaRRRRR-peRRRRRR playing in the water is too cute! I have some shoes she can drag if you ever need a babysitter, lol!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin