Tuesday, February 9, 2010

17 months!

fridgefarm2

Harper is 17 months old and all over the place! She is quick on her feet and either follows us wherever we go or likes to go to the opposite end of the house, into a room and will shut the door behind her. Her growing personality is so fun to watch.

fridge farm

She says several words, these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head-
Mama, Daddy, Tanner, Milk, Water, Juice, Snack, Chicken, Dip, Down, On, Off, Hold You, Bible, Play, Elmo, Backpack (Dora), Darla (her doll), Bath, Duck, Cow, Frog, Dog, Cat, Pig, Chair, Rock, Knock-Knock, Come In, Hello, Bye Bye, Church, Cheese, Baby, Bow, Shoe, Sock, Hat, Hide, Five (high five), Sleep.... and others I'm sure I'm missing right now.

She also will do the animal sounds and has started speaking in some small sentences like "I don't know", "Daddy sleep", etc. She will count to 3 almost always, sometimes up to 5, and will say "A, B, C".

darla

Her favorite toy right now is her doll - Darla. Santa brought it for Christmas and she didn't seem to care much for it until now. She drags her all over the house, will lay her down to sleep, cover her up and pat her. She is a little protective of her and usually won't let Daddy hug Darla, but will let Mommy. (?)

darla sleeping



She has had a rough few nights with sleep. We think she is having nightmares. She will cry very loud but not really be awake. We've been up and down a few times during the night with her and it's been tiring. Seems I've already forgotten that tiredness of getting up all night with a newborn! We hope this is just a phase.

harper and darla



She's still a very picky eater. I have tried cutting back on her milk intake... I kid you not, she was drinking almost 1/2 a gallon per day. I've cut her back to about 30 ounces daily for now (her pediatrician recommends minimum of 16) to try and see if that helps with eating. It has some, but she remains a loyal chicken fan and eats that A LOT. I feel like we walk a fine line either trying to get her to eat anything or just putting our foot down and only offering what we are having for dinner, assumming it isn't too spicy or hard to chew. Hoping this is just a phase too!

The frozen meal exchange was a huge success! My freezer is now stocked with yummy meals that I don't have to cook myself... yipee!

7 blog buddies said...:

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures! I especially love the last one :) I didn't see "Amen" listed...she's a cutie! Oh, I want to know what foods you got from the swap!!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Harper is just adorable, love her pj's! Claire turned 17 months today also! Was Harper also born on 9.9.08? Claire isnt a picky eater, but my 3 year old is & always has been. It can be really frustrating. Just keep trying new foods & hopefully she will find something she likes!

Crystal said...

Happy 17 months Harper!!!

Jennifer said...

She is TOO CUTE! I love watching our babies grow together, but it's so bittersweet. It seems like just yesterday we were all crowded together in the nursing room and now they are speaking complete sentences! Time flies when you are so blessed.

Granna said...

You have a great subject, but you have a good eye for a photo shot, too!

Anonymous said...

You have become and amazing photographer...seriously! I love her P.J.'s too btw! Hope you and her both can get some rest soon and that her picky-ness in eating will not become habit like her father or her cousin!

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

She is adorable! Wished CG would say that many words. Hope she isn't going to have speech problem. Happy 17 months Harper. Maybe she will start eating better. CG eats really good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin