Friday, December 11, 2009

15 months

Harper is 15 months old! She is talking up a storm and into everything. She has taken a few steps on her own but has yet to take off. It will happen before we know it, then she'll REALLY be into everything! I took her for her 15 month well visit yesterday and she was 20lb 6oz (25-50%) and 31.5" tall (90-95th%). I was a little concerned about her weight but Dr. W said it would have been hard for her to keep up in proportion to her height as she grew over 2 inches in 3 months! She is still so tall. She had to get 2 shots and only cried for a minute. She was so excited when I told her we were going to go home! Naps have been a bit better lately. I've been more strict with a schedule and she naps once per day.

We had planned to go for the annual family Christmas tree cutting on Saturday. It was a chilly night Friday and we woke up to snow! First of all, it rarely snows in Alabama, but hardly ever in December. To anyone that is used to snow it wouldn't seem like much but we get so excited when we get any. It really didn't stick around long, but it was still cold and windy. We almost decided against getting the tree because I didn't want to get Harper out in the cold. We did it anyway though, and bundled her up like Randy in the movie A Christmas Story. We, on the other hand, were complete idiots and though a sweatshirt would do... and we froze our rear ends off. Harper was nice and cozy though... you can barely see her in the pics!


Chad and I are both clenching our teeth behind the smiles... (why didn't we wear a jacket!)


"I CAN'T PUT MY ARMS DOWN!!!"

We walked a bit, scaled a small mountain with the stroller and found the perfect family Christmas tree. Chad gets to do the dirty work as always.

The look of her eyes are priceless... wonder what she's thinking?

Since it was so snowy (and wet) the tree actually sat in our garage for a couple days before we brought it inside. We decided to decorate it after Harper went to bed. I was worried she'd be all over the tree the next day but she hasn't even touched it. She likes looking at the lights and every morning when I turn them on she will say "yay!" and clap her hands. Too cute.
So far, there are ZERO presents under the tree because ZERO have been wrapped! And I'm still not finished with the shopping. We're definitely cutting it close this year.
We took Harper to see Santa this week. Let's just say, it was MEMORABLE. We figured it'd be interesting and she did not disappoint.
Excuse the quality of the pic, I quickly snapped a shot of the actual photo with my phone so it has a funny shadow. Needless to say, Harper and Santa aren't best buds just yet. I kid you not... I've NEVER heard her scream that loud. It was a cry unlike any I've heard and the only way to describe it was that it was an outright "hollar". The funny thing was that the whole way walking up to Santa, she was all smiles and waving at him. After I picked her up she went right back to waving at him. This will be a funny one to show future boyfriends...

7 blog buddies said...:

Crystal said...

Boyfriends? She can't date!!! NO WAY!

I love the santa picture. Even though she didn't like him, these kinds of pictures are priceless.

erin said...

I love her 15 months pic! So very cute!! I'm with Crystal, the Santa picture is priceless. :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! That makes me want to find that pic of me and scan it in. I think we are making the same face! That is so funny. I know I tell you this all the time but I think she is SO beautiful! Cutest lil' cuz I know!

Jennifer said...

I just love that first picture of her. She looks like such a big girl. What a bundle of joy!!!!

Kristen said...

oh you've got to love a good screamer santa picture!!! so far we have been lucky to not have that experience, but we did skip jenny's first yr when she was 5 months old. if we had taken her to him then, we surely would have gotten kicked out b/c she was a psycho screamer.

Kristen said...

oh i forgot to say ....no worries for harper's weight. at one appointment of jenny's she fell into the 5-10% on weight. and they didn't even seem to care. i mean i wasn't concerned either, she looked fine to me. not boney just lean.

Amanda G. said...

That looks like a picture of me with Santa! I never liked sitting in his lap. I never got close enough to wave though. :)

Can't believe that Lilly weighed 2 pounds more than Harper at 15 months, but Harper is an inch and half taller! Wow!

She's so cute! Can't wait for another play date.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin