For the past few weeks we've really been pushing "schedule" around here. I've never been the type to be a slave to a schedule, and we still aren't really, but Harper seems to do a lot better with it. We typically get 2 good naps per day. I lay her down, she either goes right to sleep or she plays a bit then goes to sleep. At night it's been good too, usually no fussing at all. Lately she he has been winding down and ready for bed around 7:30 or 8pm. Sometimes there are kinks in the schedule and we try our best to work around it. Church on Wednesday nights is a little rough, company over, etc. but no big deal. We're working on it.
In conjunction with all of that... it only took us 6 months, but she is officially sleeping in her own room now. We had put it off for a number of reasons, some legit, some not... we've experimented with noise making devices, played with the vents like a big puzzle- blocking off some and cranking heat/air at times to get her room to stay a good temp (this is going to require some extra insulation in the basement, which we're working on too...). But finally we are there, and she's doing great. She's still waking up once per night (usually around 4:30am) but goes back down for another 4 hours or so which is nice. At 3 months she was sleeping through the night like a champ, but I guess that's over for now... I shouldn't have gotten so excited about it!
I let her try single grain oatmeal this week. We've been doing oatmeal in the mornings and rice cereal at night. She seems to do pretty well with it. There are sometimes she just likes to play, as the spoon approaches she will blow a raspberry and if you still have it up to her mouth food goes flying. I've been putting off baby food for now, we're going to give it a try in another month or so. I admit I'm not excited about having to start buying her food!
Sometimes when I do dishes and clean the kitchen I will sit her in her highchair, she watches and will plaly with her toys. For fun I handed her a sippy cup with a little water in it to see what she'd do. I don't usually give her water but I put some in there for weight and so she'd realize that something would come out of it.


The second I gave it to her she put it right up to her mouth like it was supposed to go... I had to show her how to tilt it a little but she got it! I was impressed... well no sooner did I turn around and she had it like this-

then this-
I don't think she could care less about the water... eventually we'll try diluted juice or something. For now it's her new favorite toy.


7 blog buddies said...:
She's the funniest thing. I keep recalling her "eyes" to Nathan last night. She was definitely checking him out. It was funny!
Those sippy cup pictures crack me up.
The sippy cut is too funny!! She is one smart cookie though :o)
Super sweet. I always love looking at the new HF pics!
That is great that she is sleeping so good! Hopefully she will keep it up. She looks like a pro with the cup.
Wow that is great about sleeping in her room. I don't know when I will put Caylee-Grace in hers. I will have to try the sippie cup soon. That is too cute.
Props to you for doing the sippie cup now. I didn't give Andrew one until he was about 8 months old and he STILL won't drink out of one and he will be a year old in 3 weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do with that boy! By the way, we missed y'all in cradle roll.
cute!! loved the snapshots, Teale!
Post a Comment