So the cats are away... me and Harper, I mean. We're in Nashville for the weekend. We left Chad at home to relax... I mean, do manly stuff around the house and work work work! What's the occassion? One of my cousins is getting married. Right now. No, we're not there... big Catholic wedding, sit down dinner reception, fussy baby... wait, something doesn't belong. Harper's great-grandmother came over for the big event and since we don't get to see her much we decided to come up and hang at the hotel with everyone. It's been fun visiting with family and having a little mini-vacation. This is Harper's first hotel stay and she did so great last night. Same routine as always. [Except one minor detail- not to be too graphic but there hasn't been a dirty diaper for about 48 hours and today she broke the streak. It was g-r-o-s-s. I don't think she had a problem or anything, I guess her clock was just slowed down a bit. She was lucky her daddy didn't get to see this one. He'd probably have tossed his cookies.] Anyway, today we went to Opry Mills. I went looking for shoes, Harper some bigger sleepers. She's already into 12 months clothes and footed sleepers above 9 months can be hard to find. I found some cute 18 month ones at the mall. Still no shoes for me. I've realized over the years that I have come to have ZERO tolerance for uncomfortable shoes. I'm rather picky! That's all for now... Harper is napping and I'm about to take one myself. We're headed home tomorrow!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago



5 blog buddies said...:
Glad y'all are having a good time!! Good luck on finding some comfortable shoes :o)
Glad you are having fun. Be careful. We will miss you at church and I know Caylee-Grace will miss her friend in class. I know what you mean about uncomfortable shoes. I'm rather picky in that catagory too myself.
I missed you today at church today but I am glad you had a nice weekend!
I'm just glad you guys are home. It is quite boring around the house when you are all alone.
So glad you made it back. I missed the poop out of you!
Post a Comment