If you've been around me for say, the past 6 years... you've probably had a cheddar biscuit I have made. I guess I've been on my own little personal mission to come up with a good recipe for them. I really like the Red Lobster version... but all the copy-cat recipes I tried didn't quite cut it. I started tweaking a few things, and after many versions (in which a lot of you were my guinea pig) I am satisfied. I've found one that works for me and is super easy. Chad gave them his seal of approval. I thought I'd call them bis-quits 1)because I'm going to quit trying new versions of the recipe, maybe you will too! and 2) as a tribute to my elimination from the spelling bee in elementary school because I mispelled "biscuit" and spelled it "bis-quit". I think it was probably the first round! Anyway, enjoy this recipe - we sure do!
Cheddar bis-quits:
1 cup bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter (same as 1/2 stick)
1/2 cup SHARP cheddar cheese
a bit of garlic powder, if you like
Preheat oven to 450. I like to make mine in a nonstick muffin pan (so maybe I should call them muffins... oh well!) Grease muffin tins with butter flavored Pam. Mix all ingredients. Spoon into 6 muffin tins. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Eat and enjoy!




10 blog buddies said...:
Mmm...I can't wait to try them! I love the name and the story behind it too :o)
YUMMY! I can't wait to try them!
Thanks girl! You know I like anything that comes from Red Lobster. I love the new background too! :)
Ooooh, thanks for sharing the recipe! I'm going to try making them.... they look yummy!
I will have to try these. Ben is a HUGE fan of Cheese Biscuits. You sound like me when it comes to spaghetti sauce. I am on a constant mission to find the PERFECT sauce. :)
Yummy! I will definitely have to try these! You know I love me some cheese and bread! :)
YUMMY!
mmmm....mmmmmm....good. And why didn't I know that spelling bee story? That's too funny.
Can't wait to try out your recipe. I love them, too!
Teale,
I made the biscuits this morning - loved them! Also love all the pics of Harper! Hope you guys are doing great!
Post a Comment