This weekend our subdivison had a "neighborhood yard sale". There were about 15 houses participating in it. I would have loved to have joined them but this just wasn't a good time, maybe they will do it again next year and we will. Crystal and Erin came over bright and early and brought us breakfast (yum!) and the three of us headed out. Chad was so nice to stay with Harper while we hit the sales. It was awesome! I was on the lookout for fall/winter clothes for Harper and got a lot of great items. All of us started getting bag after bag of stuff our arms started getting tired and we contemplated walking back to our house for a drop, but we forged ahead. I am actually sore from all the walking! (I know that is sad... I need to get back in shape!) At the end of the day I had spent $19 and got about 36 separate items of clothing, plus a big bag of little girls tights, a toddler life vest, and a smocked Christmas dress (for next year)... score! I love yard sales!

Don't want to jinx myself (and I'm not letting myself get used to this!) but last night Harper slept 7 hours straight! She was still half asleep when I had to wake her up to eat, I couldn't believe it! She likes to sleep like her mama... :)


13 blog buddies said...:
Glad yall had a good time. The outfit on Harper is adorable!!!
Your blue dress looked so pretty and so very sweet on Harper. She is truly a doll.
7 hours of sleep?!?! Wow! That is awesome! :)
She is perfect. I loved when it was silent and she made a present. The whole pew was chuckling. The blue dress was beautiful on her.
excellent purchases...i love a good treasure hunt! harper looks so sweet in your dress.
She is a doll! I love the little dress. She looks so cute in it. I loved the power to the people shot too. I'm glad she is sleeping in!
My mother-in-law has found SO many great clothes for the boys since Ian was born. I don't get up that early to go, but am so glad she does :)
And she was beautiful in it! So glad I got to see her!!
So glad to hear how well things are going with baby Harper! She couldn't be any cuter.
Rachel
Yard Sales are the BEST! Congrats on the great "stuff!" She really is a cutie pie in that dress. Well, in anything, actually! :) BTW, what did you use to get her bow to stay put?
Hi Teale,
I am so proud of you and your yard sale finds. I have recently decided that it is not about what you wear, but what you are on the inside. I also want to pass that down to my granddaughter Sara (Kirk's daughter). I want her to know that regardless of what or who she wears she is still just as special to God as ever. You are one smart lady. Blessings, Emmy Hunt
Leah -
Sounds gross, but I used an ever so small dab of Karo syrup. I read that tip online and it works great.
Both of you girls look beautiful!
Post a Comment