Thursday, October 16, 2008

busy week...

This week was our fall gospel meeting at church. Larry Acuff did the meeting and I thought he did well. I missed bits and pieces having to take Harper to and from the nursery but she did great. It didn't disrupt our schedule too much (what am I talking about? what schedule?)... meaning she pretty much stuck to her same nighttime routine which was good.

I took Harper to the pediatrician yesterday and she weighs 9lb. 11oz and is 21 3/4" long. She is considered 75th percentile for both height and weight. She had to get one shot and took it like a champ. She didn't cry at all when they gave it to her, there was about a 5 second delay, she let out a couple big screams and stopped as soon as I picked her up. What a big girl! (Chad said I should have taken her for McDonald's after that...) I ended up feeding her there, they have these rooms for nursing moms to use in the women's center which are GREAT! They are so private and very quiet. She was tuckered out after that so fell right asleep, which gave me time to take care of some business. Before my maternity leave I had been doing some side work for a lighting consultant and she called with a tight deadline and a decent bit of work (Hey Shelly- this is your project I'm working on... so I guess we're in this one together!) It's been great for me because I can get the work done at home, and a little extra money is never a bad thing! Harper slept while I picked up the drawings I would need. I was a little worried if I'd be able to get it all done in one afternoon (Harper's afternoon nap is touch and go right now) so Pappy came to the rescue (my dad- who is retired and wanted to come hang with his granddaughter). They had a big afternoon, he took her strolling all around the neighborhood and gave me time to work. We live around a few cow pastures... so he took her to see the cows, and took her picture by one of them- I thought that was funny!



I think she liked it...


Is that a smile? Maybe?

I'm pretty sure I've seen an actual smile... it will probably be a while before we're able to catch one on camera. She's growing like a weed!

teale's digi-designs

7 blog buddies said...:

Rachel Dominguez said...

It is so wonderful to have your parents involved. My parents watch Melana every single day while I work to provide for 4 kids and no spouse.

Good Job GrandDAD!

Rachel

Chad said...

I'm loving the picture by the cow. Sometimes I think she might be starting to smile and low and behold, NOPE, just pushing.

Crystal said...

Look at her! She loves being outside that's for sure.

Kim said...

Your Dad is so funny. Leave it to him to take a picture of his precious grandbaby by a cow! lol

Anonymous said...

I love the smile in that last picture! So funny ~

She looks like Chad to me in that picture...

Kelly said...

Mini Chad! Love that cow pic!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big she is already getting....she is absolutly beautiful...

I love it on the days I work and I'm able to pull up your blog and she how sweet she is.

You and Chad are doing such a wounderful job....love you all

Blog Widget by LinkWithin