Monday, September 10, 2007

au game...

We went to the Auburn/USF game on Saturday. We were able to make a weekend of it and stay in Montgomery on some of Chad's travel points (thank you Hilton rewards!) for Friday and Saturday night. This put us pretty close to Auburn so we just drove over on Saturday. We got there around 11:00am and made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for some last minute tailgate essentials. We met up with my old roomies (and a couple of their friends who are USF alumni) and got a great spot to tailgate right next to the stadium. We ate lunch, wandered around campus a bit and had a really good day! I haven't been back to AU since I graduated and it's amazing to see all the changes that are going on/have happened since I left. The game wasn't until 8pm so luckily the sun had already gone down, it was still very muggy though. The game itself was a lot of fun, and we ended up going into overtime and losing by 3 points... oh well! The last 8pm game Chad went to at Auburn with me, we ended up going into quadruple OT, so I think we might have jinxed ourselves for this one! It took us quite a while to get back to the interstate after the game, and we made it back to Montgomery at about 2am... needless to say we were pretty zonked for the ride home Sunday. And yes, Chad does also cheer for the Tigers-- I know some of you might have been wondering how he handled it... He's good with it until the Iron Bowl, then the claws come out. Just kidding... Here are some of our pics from the weekend. I did take a video of the eagle flying, but I am not that techno savvy and couldn't figure out how to rotate it before I posted it... so you'll just have to tilt your head to the left to view it. Sorry! By the way, AU is flying a bald eagle this year which is really exciting. It's not too often you see one of those!

our swanky setup
kk makes football donuts... woohoo!
taking a break from the heat on the good ole tiger transit :)
roomies of 745H
way to keep that spirit up kent!
i told him i should photoshop a big AU on his navy shirt!
war eagle!
too bad a usf fan is in this pic!
the eagle has landed!
here is the first part of the eagle's flight... I didn't get the whole thing because it really eats up the memory on my camera. Again, sorry you have to view it sideways!

5 blog buddies said...:

Crystal said...

Better him than me. My claws remain out all year. ;) I still love you though.

I will put my name in for AU tickets some at work and maybe we can go. I wanna see the eagle's flight. =)

Leah said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I LOVE to see the eagle fly in! We go most every year when AU plays UGA!

Kim said...

I looked for you on t.v. lol
No luck though ;) I am glad ya'll had a fun and safe trip! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!

laura said...

it was a fun day...i always love hanging out with my old roomies of 745h! i'll post some pics soon. thanks again for taking me back to my car!!!

Kristi said...

The video of Nova was cool. I got to see Tiger VI when I was in vet school but never got to see her fly. War Eagle!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin