But now we have high speed internet... finally! And yes, that's right, it has taken 14 hours out of our Saturday to accomplish this. The guy from WildBlue came around 9:30 and was here until around 3:00 setting up the satellite. Once everything was in place it was apparent the wireless signal was working correctly with Chad's laptop but our desktop computer had issues. After several attempts to correct the problem and a late night run for a different type of wirless network card, finally we are in business and it's 11:30pm. (I guess all my complaining about dial-up paid off... he he he). I have a stack of eBay stuff to sell so that will be my next project.
We have a full day at church tomorrow because our church is hosting part of the 'Polishing the Pulpit' series. We are expecting a very large crowd and some good speakers. I'm off to get in bed because we will have to get up even earlier tomorrow to get our usual seats!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago


5 blog buddies said...:
Teale,
We are also some of those people that can't get high speed (yes, we live 8 miles from the center of downtown Bham, so go figure- we have spent 9 years trying to do something about it)- we have dial-up. We can't even get cable TV(we have also spent 9 years on that one- if we could get cable we would do the high speed through them)! Let me know how the WildBlue works for you. I really need high speed as I teach online classes for the University of West Alabama, and I often have to download large files. I usually try to get it done at work or church- but we have considered the WildBlue.
I am glad you finally got your internet stuff all worked out. I bet it was crazy piddling with it ALL day long! I really enjoyed the speakers we had today and I hope to catch a couple of the ladies classes this week. If you are interested in any of the afternoon ptp classes I would love for us to ride together. Let me know!
YAY for you! Mark actually told me I could check on high speed too! I'm so excited!! Maybe, just maybe, he'll agree! Mom said today was great!!
Well I'm glad you got high speed. I can't wait until we get a computer or lap top - my mother-in-laws computer drives me crazy it is so slow and it isn't dial up either. I believe she just needs a new computer.
I really enjoyed the speakers yesterday and the fellowship. I'm looking forward to the family retreat now.
Teale, Let me know how that works as well. Even though we live in Pleasant Grove, we can't get high speed but our neighbors down the street can. It is insane!
Post a Comment