Monday, August 20, 2007

send the po-pos...

I was going to blog about this last week, but our internet has had issues... so last Wednesday we are standing around talking after church and Chad gets a mysterious 1-800 call on his cell phone. Turns out, it is our security system monitoring people giving us a 'courtesy call' to let us know that our security alarm is going off at our house. Yes... we're at church... alarm going off at the house... we're at church... something's not right about that! They casually asked Chad how he wanted them to proceed and his response was "UMM... SEND THE COPS, WE'RE NOT THERE!" You would think they'd put 2 and 2 together and maybe realize that when we didn't answer our home phone (which is where they call first) that the cops might need to check out the situation. Anyway, cops are being sent, we're rushing from church to get there... at this point all we know is that we have a breach of zone 15 (sounds very technical). And oh yeah, I then remembered when we got the thing installed they gave us a list of the zones and I remember the guy saying "learn your zones"... yeah, we never did that. So we have no idea if we're talking about someone coming in, or the smoke alarm going off... both equally bad! (so for future reference: know your zones.) We get home and no cops are in sight. I was in a panic and refused to let Chad even drive up the driveway, so there we sat in the cul-de-sac facing our house with our high beams on. I guess we were both expecting to see somebody in a ski mask come running out of our house or something and then we could run over them with the car. We called the security system guys back and they seemed very distraught that the cops weren't there. (This just adds to the drama...) So they send cops again... we sit for a while until they get there. We later found out they did come once and walked around the perimeter of the house and didn't find anything 'suspicious' so they left. Hmmm..... well anyway.... they did come back and walk through the inside of our house with us, and we saw absolutely nothing that could have triggered the alarm. (Turns out zone 15 is interior... nice to know.) So that's it, no explanation, our alarm just went off. Who knows what happened?!? It made for a very hectic night and thankfully it hasn't happened since. Oh, and right after it happened our very nice and sometimes nosey, I mean... helpful and concerned... neighbor did call to find out what all the cops were doing over here. There's no telling what could have been running through his head so at least we were able to clear that up before he told the other neighbors we had gotten into a knock down drag out fight.... :) Now seriously, he really is very very nice, but he seems to know everything that is going on!
This past weekend was our youth rally at church. We went Friday night and Saturday. Friday night was at a local park. They had a cookout and then a devotional. We got bitten by a few ants, but we had a good time and it wasn't all that hot. Saturday everything was going on at the church. The topics focused on evangelism and they had some speakers talk about foreign mission work. Chad taught one of the discussion classes too. We had a really good turnout.
Wednesday I go back to the doctor for my final post partum visit. I am getting to go back to my regular OB's office, which I'm really happy about. Hopefully he will give me the all clear and I can get back on some type of exercise schedule. I have been very lucky in the weight loss department since my pregnancy but I definitely still need some work in a few areas! Any post-pregnancy toning tips???


(I am having some font issues, so bare with me. I think it might just be my computer, but I'm trying to figure all of this out...)

5 blog buddies said...:

Crystal said...

Yes, neighbor does know everything about everybody. He probably knows about your blog and keeps up with you guys daily. :o)

I agree!! You have shed the weight so quickly. You look great, but slow down now and wait on me.

Kelly said...

Ok, I know it wasn't funny at the time but they way you wrote this is funny! Call in da law!

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

I just love your blog. You are so funny. I know it wasn't at the time but the way you tell your story is good.

You are looking good. Keep it up. Hopefully you can come to the gym soon.

Glad to hear nothing was wrong at the house. I know about those nosey neighbors but it is good to have them sometimes.

Leah said...

Scary! But funny to read! I'm glad it was nothing...and that you guys didn't wreck trying to get there!!

If you figure out those toning tips, let me know!! I've had no luck!!

Jenny B said...

wow... what a weird story. Glad everything worked out ok, and glad you guys are oka

Blog Widget by LinkWithin