Monday, August 27, 2007

go go, gadget gum!

Today I was the housecleaning champ. I completely cleaned out and reorganized our once very messy laundry room. I took everything out and cleaned the room from top to bottom... it really needed it because it has a door to the deck and we are constantly tracking in dirt from outside. In my efforts to do all this, I began pulling things off our storage shelf which is above our washer and dryer. I grabbed what looked to be a paper booklet, it was an instruction manual for our washer I think, and it slipped out of my hand and fell way behind the dryer. I couldn't figure out how to get to it without unplugging the dryer (which would be a mess in itself with all the cords and such), and I couldn't move the washer beside it because it was in the middle of a load. I couldn't stand the thought of leaving it until Chad got home because there's always the possibility that I would forget to ask him to help move the dryer, and the paper stuck back there would catch our house on fire the next time we used the dryer. (I was already imagining how I'd explain THAT to the fire department...) Plus, this ruined my Martha Stewart moment of having all my loads of laundry done this afternoon... SO... I devised a master plan of how to rid myself of this fire hazard. I unassembled my swiffer duster so all I had was a long pole. Then, I chewed myself some GUM and stuck it to the end of the pole to help grab the booklet! Mission accomplished. Back off, Macgyver... you've got nothin on me!
We are loving WildBlue... we have had some small issues with our desktop computer, but we think we've got it worked out now. Chad's laptop has no issues at all. Apparently WildBlue is stopping new accounts effective September 1st so the satellite singal to this area won't have so many people on it that it causes the signal to slow down... so if you're interested, act fast. We went directly through WildBlue instead of AT&T, who will actually charge you more and you get the same WildBlue service.

3 blog buddies said...:

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

You go girl. I would have never thought of doing that to get something out from behind there. You are creative. Your blog just makes me smile. Have a great day!

Kim said...

And that is one of the many reasons I think you are so neat! LOL

Leah said...

too funny!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin