Day 2 in the city. We headed to Soho for brunch at Balthazar. OK, can I just say... FANTASTIC. I'm calling this the best meal in NYC hands down. Not to mention that somehow the three of us managed to walk in with no reservations (the place was packed-that's always a good sign) and be given a table immediately, bypassing others already waiting, and told the wait was reported as nearing an hour. Still don't know how me managed that one!
I'm sad that the only pic I took here was of the basket of bread. Which was fabulous. But so was the other food. That sticky bun on top was pure evil. We split that one three ways. Next time I'm in NYC this will be on my list.
After lunch we walked over to Aero to check out the good stuff, then a quick trip through CB2.
We wandered through Soho and through Tribeca, stumbling upon a fabric shop so we stopped to browse the goods.
Our feet were getting tired so we grabbed a cab and headed down to Ground Zero. So much has changed since Chad and I were here in 2006. They are in the process of constructing the new buildings and 9/11 memorial site. We couldn't see much because of the construction barracades but we went in the information center where they had more info on the project. It is set to open 9/11/11.
Next we hopped on the Subway and headed back up to Chelsea Market. The market was filled with lots of cafes, floral shops, food markets, and unique shops. We decided it best to take a little break while we worked out our plans for the evening, so we landed at Eleni's for cupcakes.
I went old school and got the vanilla with buttercream icing (in pink of course!) It did not disappoint.
Back to the hotel, for a 30 minute rest (this was our only designated REST the entire trip might I add... we are in our 30s now so I guess it's ok). We enjoyed wandering around Times Square a bit before dinner. We were completely overwhelmed by the Forever 21 store there. All 4 levels of it, or was it 5? Wow.
Dinner at Tramonti (no website... get with the times, Tramonti!) and it was so good. Authentic Italian, great atmosphere.
Even though we had just eaten dinner there was another stop we had to make... for another cupcake before the show! This time we went to Magnolia Bakery. Yum...
Our last stop of the day? Radio City Music Hall! Already decked out for Christmas-
We walked back to the hotel and enjoyed NYC all lit up one final time. We had an early breakfast at Junior's before we parted ways. Yummy bacon and cheese grits! My flight was a bit earlier so I had to get to the airport. I was back home a few hours later and had really missed my H-bug, but the trip was a blast! I've travelled all over with these girls. We've spent so much time together that I think we are beginning to read each other's thoughts... no matter how much time passes we just pick right back up. Good times & good friends! Until the next one!










2 blog buddies said...:
so glad the 3 of us could take this trip together! wish we could go to balthazar for brunch in the morning!
thanks for the re-cap, teale. i'm just now getting around to some blog reading. i had a blast with you girls, as always.
Post a Comment