Tuesday, June 29, 2010

it came and went...

I've taken a little hiatus... although unintentionally. We are having a busy, fun summer and I get behind on keeping up the blog. Once I'm behind, the thought of catching up is overwhelming! I'll be doing a few separate posts, so hang in there with me. I'm also working on a little tutorial to share soon.

IMG_3245b


So it came and went. 21 months. That was nearly a month ago! Harper turned 21 months on June 9th. She has a new little cousin and another new friend now and she LOVES them. She gets a little confused on their names, but I can imagine that would be hard!

loving on her baby cousin Skylar- (their shirts have their name on them and say "big cousin" and "little cousin"), a few people have seen Harper wearing the shirt and thought it said "big sister". Sorry to disappoint!

IMG_3157b



sweet little Eva, Harper's new friend-cousin :)

IMG_3256b

21 months is such a fun age! Harper is making more short sentences now. (I get it, I'll get you, I fix it, you fix it, etc). She is much easier to communicate with, and it's GREAT when she is hurt and you can ask her "where does it hurt?" and she will show us. That really helps! She loves reading and has many favorite books she wants us to read over and over. She sings a lot and most often sings "Jesus Loves Me" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".

Meals are still hit and miss. Some days she is so picky. We still have a hard time getting her to eat meat and veggies. Sometimes she will sit and cry through meals and I hate that. I walk a fine line of offering her what we are eating and then if she refuses, feeling guilty and compromising with some kind of fruit or yogurt that I know she will eat. Something's gotta give!

She will use the potty, but only on her terms. I have stopped pushing her, and randomly throughout the day she will ask to use the potty. I just try to be really over-the-top excited when she does.

With daddy on Father's Day-

IMG_3241b


For Father's Day we gave Chad a small bar to go on his key chain with the girls' names stamped on opposite sides-

keychain


Coming up... water splashing, Kindermusik camp, lake fun, and Liberty Day posts!

4 blog buddies said...:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the key chain - how special! And what sweet pictures. Can't wait to see the tutorial!!

Crystal said...

Look at our sweet girls together. It melts my heart.

Nancy Hood said...

I love the fact that you and Jenny, and there's probably others, that acknowledge the ones that are gracing Paradise and waiting for us. John and I lost several but one in particular that we still speak of. My mother downplayed it greatly and I was taught not to bring up such subjects, "let's just talk of happy things". We didn't forget, and I'm so thankful I'm not like my mother and that I wholeheartedly believe in remembering and celebrating their existence.

Kelly said...

Nancy,
Totally agree. Kendall made her mark on this world!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin