I'm a little behind with the monthly update. We had a busy weekend. I can't believe Harper is 8 months old, the time has gone so fast! She brings so much joy to our lives. We've heard her say "baby" a couple times, and "da-da" we think... occasionally we'll get a bye bye but not when we are prompting her to say it. She is still not interested in crawling. Why crawl when someone will carry you... that must be her motto!
Friday night Chad went to the men's retreat with the guys from church, so Harper's Nanny and Pappy came to stay the night. It was nice having the help - and I got to eat some good cooking! Saturday afternoon we celebrated Harper's great-grandmother's (on Chad's side) 80th birthday. Sunday was Mother's Day and it was a good one. Harper (and Chad) got me some pretty yellow tulips, and we had Mother's Day lunch at our house for Chad's mom. I probably gained a pound or two this weekend... but it was fun!
A local radio station is having a "cutest baby photo contest" and Harper is in the running. The winner will be on the cover of Alabama Baby magazine. If you want to help and vote for her, go here:
http://www.1037theq.com/pages/gallery6.html
You will have to provide a valid email address to vote, and then they will send you an email for you to be able to confirm your vote. The vote won't count unless you click the link in the email they send you to confirm. Any votes will be greatly appreciated. You are only allowed one vote per email address and computer. Of course, we think she's the cutest even if she doesn't win. :)
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago



6 blog buddies said...:
She is getting so big--and cuter every picture.
You are a great mommy to that baby. I am glad you had a good Mommy's Day. Love you much!
I agree with Crystal! She just get's bigger and cuter every time I see a picture of her! And yes, we voted, and are telling everyone we know to vote as well :o)
We voted for our pretty girl!!
what a doll!!!!! and yes, hope the votes are getting counted!!!!
You can count on my vote! I hope Harper wins!!!
Don't rush the crawling! It's going to happen sooner than you think & when it does, LOOK OUT! She'll always be on the go & you'll be chasing after her!!!
I voted for that precious girl. She is growing TOO fast! :)
Post a Comment