Monday, December 15, 2008

it's finally christmas...



We did succeed in cutting our tree and decorating it all in one day. We go to a local family-owned tree farm every year. We love it, they have hayrides, hot chocolate, and very friendly service. This is our 6th year to go cut our tree there. We usually take Tanner but this year he got the boot because Harper is with us. It was really cold so we decided to keep her bundled up really good and plop the carseat over into the jogging stroller. It was perfect for maneuvering through the sea of trees and up and down the hills. And a good workout! We found a tree pretty quick and Chad did the cutting. Harper slept the entire time, but she did watch us intently as we decorated. We actually got it decorated in under an hour- record time! Saturday was a busy day with the tree cutting and then we headed over to a family Christmas party. Sunday was our holiday fellowship meal at church (yum!), and my parents came and paid us a visit Sunday afternoon. We made some English Toffee (try not to lick your computer screen)-



Usually I run for the hills when I hear the words "candy thermometer"... it's a work in progress and hopefully I will get more comfortable making it. It's fat free, of course. (ha ha ha) Sunday night we went to Cracker Barrel and Harper was worn out by the time we got home. She had a busy weekend!



tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

7 blog buddies said...:

Kelly said...

Well it's hard to be little! The tree looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of her sweet little face. Precious! :)

Your tree and decorations are so pretty!

Unknown said...

Harper looks so much like you in that first pic...She's precious! The tree looks great!

Crystal said...

I want some of that candy. It looks so good!!!

Leah said...

How fun!!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your pictures. They are always the best! Harper was pooped I bet....literally!

Crystal said...

That english toffee was the best stuff ever. Anytime you get another urge to make some, I'll help you eat it. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin