Friday, December 19, 2008

busy week.

It's been a yucky rainy week for the most part, but that didn't stop us. On Tuesday Harper and I met Belinda and Caylee-Grace and went to a La Leache League meeting. We ended up being the only ones there other than the leader due to sickness and the nasty rain. It was good to go though, I've definitely learned A LOT from the meetings I've been to. Belinda and I even went when we were pregnant - that seems SO long ago! After that, the kiddos were sacked out and bundled up nice and tight so we squeezed in a lunch and ate some good meat and veggies. B- we have to do it again sometime! The rest of that day Harper and I went and did some Christmas shopping. I didn't finish so we went again on Thursday. I lack exactly 2 items, and I know what they are, so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Christmas shopping with Harper here definitely puts a new spin on things. Otherwise, I'd be finished with all my shopping much sooner. Today we met Chad for lunch and took Harper to his office. She decided to pitch a royal fit at the office, which NEVER happens. And I'm not just saying that, she rarely puts up such a fuss. I calmed her down, she ate a little bit (although I really don't think she was that hungry), and then was back to her smiley self. She slept the entire way home and through my pit stop at Target so maybe she was just tired. This weekend starts our Christmas festivities with family. I had thought about trying to move Harper into her crib sometime, but now think it might be better to wait until after all the holidays, her schedule will be way off and it might not be the best time. Maybe that can be a new year's resolution... have her sleeping in her own room by 1 year old? Ha ha! Here are some recent pics...

getting better at the Bumbo.


ooooohh... toys!


She has this surfboard tummy time mat. In the past she has really hated tummy time but seems to do better on this mat. She will actually grab for the toys. I don't know if she knows she's doing it or if it's just because they are in front of her but I thought the look on her face in this pic is funny. It's like she realized there was something there. The mat also has this little clear part with these little fishes that "swim" around in water. I registered for this thinking that sounded cute... little did I know it didn't come sealed with water or gel in it, but you actually have to put the water in it yourself. And it has a label on it saying to "drain water daily". Guess we won't be doing the water thing, that sounds like an explosion waiting to happen on our carpet!

tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

8 blog buddies said...:

Kelly said...

That second picture is hilarious!

Unknown said...

Ian had a turtle that you filled with water and they could play on. It never leaked - and his older cousin loved to step on it. I didn't ever empty the water, though. It stayed in there until he was done with it and I was ready to store it for Noah. Noah loved it too.

Kim said...

Ditto Jenny's comment. Hailey had the tummy turtle too and we never emptied it. She loved watching the little starfish and things float around when she would hit them.

Heather said...

Ditto to Jenny and Kim. My little girl had one that was frogs though. It didn't leak and I left the water in there. She LOVED it and it even held up with her sitting and crawling on it. Go for it! She will like it. And unless you got one that is defective, you should be fine :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Her face is priceless. Glad you and Belinda had fun. Sounds like the girls are going to grow up and be great friends!!!

Crystal said...

She looks like such a big girl in her bumbo. :)

christy said...

Don't be so hurried to get her into her own room and bed, enjoy ever minute you have with her that small it goes very fast. Mary went to her own bed and room when she was about 9 months old. Enjoy!!!! Hope your holidays are great, like I know they will be with Harper.

Rachel Dominguez said...

I can't believe she is sitting in a bumbo chair already.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin