We had big plans to get our tree Saturday. It didn't happen. Back up to last week, Wednesday night I believe... Chad came home saying he just didn't feel right. I won't go into detail, but let's just say he spent the next few hours within close distance of the bathroom with symptoms resembling food poisoning. So maybe it was food poisoning, until he started getting chills and running a fever... then he was banished to the guest bedroom and put on quarantine. I was NOT getting whatever he had. He stayed home from work the next day but said he felt better, and by the next day was back on track. (Still camping in the guest bedroom to be safe.) The tree plan was still in effect. I laid out lots of layers of clothing for Harper and we were ready to go cut our tree the next morning. I fed her and put her to bed Friday night, all the while relishing in the fact that women are the stronger species and I had escaped the stomach bug. I walk back into the living room and tell Chad "my stomach feels funny"... you can guess where this is heading. I spent my night in the bathroom Friday night, in pure misery... ridding my body of every last calorie it had taken in, dreading Harper waking up and the issue of whether I should start pumping and let Chad feed her. Thankfully, that night she slept from 10pm until 6am - the longest she'd ever slept! And... she slept through my running through the house with our giant "puke bowl" because if you know me, you know I'm not good at making it to the bathroom in time. I got a few hours of sleep, and when I woke in the morning felt pretty drained but no longer like death. We resumed our normal schedule and I tried not to breathe on her... but the tree plan went to pot. We will try again this next Saturday - how sad that our tree will only be up not even 2 weeks. Well, Chad and I are all better and so far Harper has no signs of the bug so maybe she didn't catch it. I don't know how, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Our house doesn't smell like a freshly cut Christmas tree, but LYSOL. Also, to add to our seemingly un-Christmas spirit, our outside Christmas lights decided that this year would be the year each strand would have a big section of lights out. It just so happens we cannot find these same type of Christmas lights anywhere, so we have no outside lights. We might as well write "Scrooge" on our mailbox.
She looks a little worried Alabama won't pull out the win.Provided everyone is still virus-free (knock on wood), I'm taking Harper to get her picture taken with Santa this week. And hopefully after this weekend we will have some tree cuttin' pictures. Stay tuned.
Harper's 3 month update to follow...



10 blog buddies said...:
I can't believe Little Harper is already 3 months old!?!
I'm so glad you guys are feeling better! I'm keeping my fingers crossed Harper doesn't catch the bug.
I LOVE her Bama outfit! That is too cute! :)
If it makes you feel any better, we have no sign of Christmas at our house either....LOL!
BUT, I am working on the Christmas stuff. I don't WANT to be scrooge, but it is just working out that way! LOL
WAIT!!! I thought you said she was wearing her bama tee I got her for the SEC championship. :(
I love the reindeer ears though. I'm so glad ya'll are feeling better and Miss Priss's immunities are flying high.
I love her shirt! Cute! Glad yall are feeling better!
Glad you're feeling better! You can always leave your tree up PAST Christmas. I think my mom left our up through March one year...granted, it wasn't a real tree :)
Sorry Crystal- still too big... she'll wear it for their bowl game regardless though. :)
Oh man Teale, I am so sorry yall all had the bug. I'm glad HF didn't get it. She's a tough lil' booger. Maybe next year yall can make up for this year!
Love the reindeer ears. I'm glad ya'll are all better and Harper didn't get it. Hope you can get your tree this weekend. Too bad for Auburn but Alabama deserved to win just hate they didn't get to beat Florida
hey guess what i read one time....that often the whole fam can have a bug and the nursing baby will do just peachy. that article said also that when mom is sick, she produces an "antibiotic" of sorts in her breastmilk for the baby. something to protect the baby from just whatever the mom has caught---AWESOME!
Love the antlers - sorry about the bathroom sickies. :o(
Post a Comment