A quick recap on our weekend in the burg, G-burg that is... fun, food, and friends... a great combo. We rented a cabin in a great location and could have stayed in the entire time and had a ball. I came so close to beating Chad and Stentsen (who apparently loses at nothing...) at putt-putt. It came down to that one last hole. My big belly didn't hinder my game, if anything I think I did better! We relaxed and slept in most every day. We did get up earlier (9am! - early?) to go out to breakfast one morning which was SO good. It was bittersweet knowing this was our last vacation before we will have a little one in the picture.
I know some people debate on whether the 3rd trimester starts at the 27th or 28th week... but I'm going ahead and calling it... WE'RE IN THE THIRD TRIMESTER! Woohoo!! We don't have anything scheduled yet, but I assume since this will be a scheduled c-section they won't let me go past my due date (is this right?) so I'm counting it as LESS than 13 weeks left. I have my glucose screening test next week and after that I will be having appointments every other week. Harper kicks around a lot and is no doubt already showing a bit of a fiesty personality. Chad says since this is the second child this could mean she will be the fireball... not sure about that, let's hope she's really more mellow than that. She's head down now and she likes to dig her little feet under my ribs. Not so fun for me! I have 90 days until my due date... yay!
27 week size update (weight this time): a large head of cauliflower
Looks like your trip was a lot of FUN! We are going on our 1st ever family vacation in a few weeks, to the beach, can't wait!! About scheduling the c-section and your due date...I know all doctors are different, but my doctor let me schedule 1 week before my due date (39 weeks). I know ya'll are getting super excited. You will continue to be in our prayers.
Enjoy your time together and make sweet memories because this time next year you will be looking back and saying "remember when". I agree with Jenny, vacations are wonderful with kids but much different.
Glad y'all had a great vacation! Yes, enjoy time without children now and enjoy time without children when they are here. You'll just have pay more for vacations because of babysitters--but it's worth it! Or call us we're FREE!
I am a mommy to two girls- Kendall (born summer 2007) who is waiting on us in heaven, and Harper (born fall 2008). I am a Christian, love the Lord, my family and friends. I am also a cooking, sewing, dreaming, creating, traveling, crushed ice loving, Martha wannabe and stay-at-home-mom with coloring-outside-the-lines tendencies and an Interior Design degree. Welcome to my corner of the world.
12 blog buddies said...:
So glad y'all had a good time! Vacations with kiddos are fun, but definitely NOT the same :)
so glad you were able to get away and rest a bit~the fun is about to begin :)
The trip was SO great and SO much fun! We had such a great time.
Not long, Baby Harper will be here before we know it! I am so excited! :)
I'm counting down the days to welcome Miss Harper. Life will be even more fun and interesting with her.
Looks like your trip was a lot of FUN! We are going on our 1st ever family vacation in a few weeks, to the beach, can't wait!! About scheduling the c-section and your due date...I know all doctors are different, but my doctor let me schedule 1 week before my due date (39 weeks). I know ya'll are getting super excited. You will continue to be in our prayers.
Enjoy your time together and make sweet memories because this time next year you will be looking back and saying "remember when". I agree with Jenny, vacations are wonderful with kids but much different.
When I put my head on your belly before bed last night I could hear MoJo asking, "When are we going back?"
Glad y'all had a great vacation! Yes, enjoy time without children now and enjoy time without children when they are here. You'll just have pay more for vacations because of babysitters--but it's worth it! Or call us we're FREE!
Time sure has flown by - seems like just yesterday you were telling me your were pregnant. I can hardly wait to see Harper.
love you tealeeeeeeee.... you are so funny when you do the nathan walk!
what nathan walk? nathan--as in my husband?? I haven't seen it. I MUST SEE!!! :)
The "nathan going down stairs" walk. He did it in G'burg and I think you might have missed it b/c you had gone to bed.... too funny!
Post a Comment