I'm a little late on my post for this week. We've had a busy week with VBS at church. We had good speakers each night and as always, yummy ice cream to wrap it up. Very tiring, but lots of fun. We're helping Crystal and Nathan move this weekend (ok Chad will help, I'll watch) but maybe we'll still get to rest up from the week... at least I will! :)
I had my screening test for gestational diabetes on Wednesday. I was not looking forward to it at all. I don't do well with being forced to drink anything- especially when it doesn't taste so great. I loathe anything orange-flavored and it just so happens their glucose drink of choice is ORANGE! Yipee! Imagine kool-aid with way too much sugar (way too much) to the point where you can taste the grains of sugar, that's about it. But add a little zip like Sunkist (sorry I don't like Sunkist either) and you get this sugar cocktail. Ick. Anyway, I did my part... I drank... I waited... gave blood. Still no word, and since no news is good news then I'm hoping I'm in the clear. As a result of the drink, Harper was super active the rest of the day. She finally crashed about bedtime which I was thankful for.
Lately, I will get this big lump in my side which I really think is a baby boot-ay. I guess it's either a head or a rump, but based on where I'm kicked I'd say it's the later. She likes to roll from side to side and it's so awkward. Last night it felt like she had a foot stretched out right under my rib and Chad started prodding at her, which just made her kick back... um, ouch! Chad thought it was so funny... how can I repay that favor? We go back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound so I'm looking forward to see how much she's grown. I'm definitely getting lots bigger (see below)...

28 week size update (weight): A chinese cabbage! (2.25 lbs)


13 blog buddies said...:
My husband would always say it looked like an alien was inside me when the babies would stick out :-) I'm so glad you're glucose thing is done...I don't like it either. I just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you and Chad a lot this week. A friend of mine from church lost her (30week)baby girl this week in a car accident. The baby saved her life by taking the brunt of the impact. I hope as time goes by I can share your story with her so she can see how you've come full circle and can be happy again :-) Thanks for sharing your story.
I love your belly pic! You look so cute!
That glucose stuff sounds aweful! I know you are glad that is over with. :)
Sounds yummy. What's not to like? Sunkist and sugar.
I absolutely HATED the orange drink as well. My result was high at 28 weeks so I had to go back and do the 3 hour test...I delivered Bayley 1 week later which means I drank that orange syrup for NO REASON...YUK YUK YUK! You look super cute in your pictures. Good luck.
As bad as the orange is, the fruit punch is HORRID!!! I had to take the test a 2nd time with Noah and choose to try the fruit punch since I didn't like the orange. I thought I was going to be sick.
You look so cute!
too cute!! and we are so excited for you and Chad~
I agree - YUCK!! Why do they make it orange flavor? I don't know many adults that like orange soda of any kind. Why couldn't we just eat of bunch of doughnuts or something like that?! You are looking great!
I'm glad your test is over. I'm not looking forward to that part. I don't like sunkist either. You are looking so good.
My little guy decided to keep his feet propped under my ribs, for what seemed like the last half of my pregnancy. He also did that rolling type motion, that felt extremely weird!!! Glad your over the glucose test, mine was lemon lime, blaaaa!!
I had to drink one of those some years ago to test my blood sugar and I LOVED the drink. My taste buds may have change from then to now, but maybe not!
Thanks for the lunch on Saturday. It was fabulous.
So cute, you are!! I only had to do the orange stuff once and it was not as bad as I had anticipated, but I don't want to try it again! :) Our Drs office used to do a meal test, they gave you a specific menu to eat and I always opted for that, but with Marley, they had done away with it...ick!
is this background different? I like it!
Atleast you had the orange I had a shot of fruit punch. I'm glad the glucose test went well and is over. You look very cute pregnant. One thing I miss about being pregnant is have that little buddle of joy moving around in your belly even though sometimes it would hurt. Remember these moments because when they get my sons age they no longer want you to hold them which can make a mommie sad.
by the way I work with Crystal and I use to work with your husband at ProAssurance.
Post a Comment