We are halfway there! 20 weeks...woo hoo!!! It's all downhill (or maybe uphill, depending on how you look at it) from here. I had another dr. appt. yesterday and everything is still trucking right along. Heartbeat good, weight good (only gained one pound this month, yay!), blood pressure good, and Harper moving A LOT. We are reaching the point where Chad will get to feel her kicks soon. I have only caught it a handful of times when I can feel the kick from the 'outside'. I talk about her moving all the time and I know he'll be able to appreciate it when he can finally feel it for himself. I know he believes me, but there's just something about seeing the "alien belly" (as we call it) move around that is just beyond words.
I have only gotten sick once in the past few weeks. Really it was more than a 'gag' incident than a food aversion. Not fun either way. Chad has mentioned my snoring. Yes, I snore when pregnant. It's embarrassing but at least I don't realize it when I am doing it. He doesn't really complain about it, but when I ask him about it he will say something to the effect of "well I only woke up 2 or 3 times last night hearing it". 2 or 3 times??? If I was the one waking up 2 or 3 times per night I probably wouldn't be a happy camper. Thanks for putting up with it honey, it will be over soon. Also, I sneeze...constantly. And when I sneeze I must sneeze 3 or 4 times minimum. I would not be surprised if I sneeze over 30 times throughout the day. I apologize to all the people who continuously "bless me"... you can stop if you are tired of it. And, last but not least... the stupids as I call them. The pregnancy stupids. I forget anything and everything. I drop things and knock them over. Today I was 3 hours into my work day when I took a trip to the bathroom and realized I had only put on half of my makeup. Just foundation and blush... NO eye makeup. Hello!?! I'm not a makeup-aholic or anything but in general I try not to leave the house without at least little color on the eyes and a light brush of mascara just so I don't look like a zombie. I've also forgotten my deodorant a couple times... thankfully I remembered on my way to work and stopped to buy some. It's the stupids and I have them.
I thoroughly enjoyed my chance to get some girl time in this weekend with a few friends. We saw Baby Mama, ate good food, and talked and talked. Here's a pic from the night and another of me and 'Coach Chad' which was actually taken a couple weeks ago at the ballpark...

20 week size update: a banana! (we're measuring in total length now)
***UPDATE*** 'The stupids' strike again... I just returned from the post office where I spent 20 minutes in line, got up to the counter with my package and realized I left my purse in the car so I had NO money to pay with... way to go! You would think I would have realized this when I had to borrow a pen to address my envelope (pen in the purse, in the car... duh!)



13 blog buddies said...:
You look great Teale! Also, I hate to be discouraging, but the "stupids" came to me when I was pregnant with Koby and haven't left yet - if anything they've gotten worse - of course you know that from reading my blog.
I want to feel when harper starts kicking hard enough to feel from the outside. :)
You look amazing!! I can't wait to see baby Harper...I know she is just beautiful!!! Yeah and the stupids haven't left me either...sorry!!
I'm so glad that everything is going great! I agree with the comment above, I've had the stupids for 4 years now...it got a little better after a couple of years, but then Noah came along and it got worse than ever :-S Fun times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world :) Have a great day!
Love the pix!
I have the stupids so bad I can barely type this. No kidding. It gets worse after every kid so look out. And the sneezing all the time a lot - me all the time, still.
ha ha and I thought it was the accident/morphine addiction/getting old BUT you young ladies have made me feel soooo much better tonight!!!! Let's hear it for the stupid moments!!!!!!
Ahh the snoring isn't so bad. So far I've only had to go to the couch once and that just happened to be the night before my test.
I'm happy that you've gotten to the halfway mark. It's a big deal! You look really good! By the way, as everyone else has said, the "stupids" don't get any better. You just get use to it more.
I still have the "stupids" too. I can't wait to see that movie, I bet it is so funny! <3
I'm with Kim, I still have the "stupids"!! I have an Aunt who asked once if having babies killed brain cells...we've all thought YES since going through pregnancies!
I've been there! I had to laugh about forgetting the deoderant because I've done that so many times. It's awesome to have to check your armpits because you don't remember what you did 30 seconds earlier. I also had several rounds of taking a shower but forgetting to wash my hair with shampoo or conditioner. Talk about a bad hair day! Congrats on the 1/2 way mark!
Teale, you are hiliarious. My pregnancy has made me have some stupids but that much yet. I do forget alot. You look great. I can't wait to feel my little one kick. It won't be long now though. I can't wait to see baby Harper.
teale that is so funny, i do that kind of stuff now and im not preggers...lol!
Post a Comment