Thursday, April 24, 2008

ball games, birthdays, belly pics... and pablo

Chad's team had a game on Saturday and I was the official 'bookkeeper' for the home team. It was a little bit of pressure for me and I was a bit skeptical (if you know me, you know of my math skills...) but I did just fine. I even managed a tiny protest from the other team and guess who was right??... yep, me! hahaha! I really start to doubt my math skills when people question me. I can meausre feet + inches so easily (day job) but give me 18+23 and I lose it! :)


Saturday night we went out to celebrate Mark's 25th birthday at Olive Garden. I had been craving some of that OG salad so much... it was well worth the wait. It was a good time with good friends. I even got a nice little video of them singing to him and him almost tossing his cake accidentally. It was priceless-- one of those laugh till it hurts moments.

Kim's grandparents (a.k.a. Jo and Pe-Paw!) gave us a tree back in the fall in memory of Kendall. It was such a sweet gift and thankfully due to the warmer weather we were able to take it out of the shelter of our laundry room where it's been living and finally plant it. Chad has details and pics on his page- click here. It was such a special gift, thanks again Jo and Pe-Paw!

On the prego front... 19 weeks is here. I am still so excited to meet Harper, and hope and pray the next 4+ months fly by and are UNEVENTFUL. She's kicking me as I type... She's very active after I eat and in the evenings. Saturday we also stopped by a local arts/crafts festival in our hometown and i bought an adorable handmade dress for her. It is one of those 'pillowcase' type dresses with ladybugs all over it! All my Delta girls will appreciate... :) It'll be a year or two before she fits into it, but it was so cute I couldn't resist.

And finally by request... the infamous Pablo! I told you this pillow was huge! It has a pillowcase on it that is very fitted to the curvy pillow- making it very hard to wash and get back on the pillow correctly so I made a pillowcase for it myself. I made it out of a flat sheet I bought at wal-mart and that still wasn't quite enough fabric so I used 2! It isn't anything fancy but does the job.

i am laughing because chad said it looks like a big tooth...

19 week size update: a large heirloom tomato!

teale's digi-designs

15 blog buddies said...:

Crystal said...

I can't help but appreciate that ladybug dress too. :) It's so cute.

I love the pillow. I will definitely have to have one when my time comes.

Your belly is too cute. You definitely have the baby glow.

Anonymous said...

I love the belly pic! You are so pretty and so cute. :)

laura said...

you look great! can't wait to meet harper!

Chad said...

The picture affirms my thoughts on Pablo. In Pablo's Mexican English accent, "Ates thu bieg aned lutes lie a tuth." In normal English that says, "It's too big and looks like a tooth."

Anonymous said...

Chad's comment made me laughed so hard I might have tinkled a little!!!!

Kelly said...

I was thinking the pillow looked like a tooth too! Raul is a tiny pillow compared to Pablo!! And, as Jenna would say, you are looking very chic. :o)

Unknown said...

That tooth, I mean pillow is huge! haha...I've never seen anything like it, but it looks soo comfy!! I think I need one of those now!

You look absolutely adorable and so pretty! Not too much longer til we get to meet Harper :o)

ICURIS said...

hey guys! glad to hear things are going well for ya'll!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving Pablo!!! You are too cute...love the belly shot!!

Shelly said...

i'll definitely have to try that pillow next time - very cool. how do you, chad, and pablo all fit in the bed??!

Kim said...

LOL Chad cracks me up! I am glad things are going so well for you.

I refuse to keep score at games because we have some pretty fiesty Mom's on the teams we play.

And, Your Belly Pic Is Beautiful!!!

Leah said...

I agree with Chad, it does kinda look like a tooth! TOO funny!! I didn't imagine it that big!

You look GREAT! Still praying for you all!

Leah said...

OH, you must take a picture of the dress and show us delta gals!

Three plus Me said...

You all have picked out a beautiful name! I don't have any girls, but I still have a baby ladybug dress hanging in the closet...just in case one day.

Heather said...

And I thought I had a big pillow?! That thing is huge! I'm sure it is comfortable, though

Blog Widget by LinkWithin