We have been so busy the last couple of weeks with family/friend visits, holiday parties, etc. It has gone by quickly, but we had a great time. Chad and I have each been off work close to 2 weeks and it has been GREAT! Santa was good to us again this year, even though we should not want for anything. I did get a nice new watch AND that iPod Nano I had my eye on... Chad got some Bama tailgating gear, a few books, and the Rock Band game for XBOX 360. I will admit both of us have been thoroughly sucked into this present and have found ourselves up into the wee hours of the morning during our holiday break rocking out and going on tour with our band. :) It really is a lot of fun! A lot of our family and friends have rocked out as well...
My big accomplishment in all this Christmas mahem was successfully organizing all of my Christmas 'stuff' properly. I now have bins for exterior decor, interior decor, and tree decor nicely stored and labeled. When dragging everything out this year, I came to realize that all of our Christmas decorations were kind of thrown together in one area, but nothing was really labeled. Having everything organized will be a big time saver for us next year. (If you haven't noticed, organizational issues are a bit of a sickness for me- I absolutely love tackling a big project and having it nicely put together in the end... this was just another chapter)
We were able to spend New Years with some close friends playing games, shooting fireworks, and eating like nobody's business... I guess a diet should be in my resolution list for 2008! Looking back on 2007, I can honestly say it was the best, worst, shortest, and longest year of our lives. I would be lying if I said that we don't look at things differently now. My hope for 2008 and years to come is that we resolve to keep in mind what is really important, and remember that after this life the little things we often get so caught up on won't really matter. We are hoping for a great 08, and we wish you one too!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago


8 blog buddies said...:
I'd be lying if I didn't say my heart still breaks for you both and that I wish you much happiness this new year. Lots of love and hugs! Leah
BTW, I'm glad your Christmas was a good one!
So, do you want to come organize my house next? I've got plenty of projects to keep you busy! :) I like organization, but have trouble keeping things organized. I'm glad ya'll enjoyed your break and wish you a happy new year as well!
I'm looking forward to 2008 with you guys. I wish you two a very good year. =)
Happy New Year. Hope ya'll are truly blessed this year and have a wonderful year better then last. I'm always praying for ya'll and I'm thankful that I've grown to know you and love ya'll more this past year. Ya'll are truly great people.
You and Chad have inspired me. I am in awe of your strength. Here's to 2008!
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say I'm sorry I missed ya the other night - the kids absolutely loved their gifts,so thanks so much! Koby loves to draw so your gift was right up his alley. Maybe I'll see you next time I'm home.
Julie :)
Post a Comment