Thursday, December 13, 2007

This one goes around every year... an oldie but a goodie!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love a good cup of hot chocolate, no marshmellows and NO whipped cream! I also like Boiled Custard, a seasonal drink similar to egg nog (minus the eggy taste). It tastes like vanilla pudding or a melted vanilla milkshake. For some reason they don't sell this in Alabama, but we can get it in Tennessee.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? In my house growing up, Santa did a combination of both... the bigger presents were unwrapped. Chad has a big problem with this and says Santa is not supposed to wrap-I don't guess I care either way. We also had a "staging area" where we opened our stockings which wasn't in the room with the tree, becasue the fireplace was in another room. We weren't allowed to go see what else Santa brought us until we finished opening our stockings! (how's that for torture on Christmas morning!)

3. Colored or white lights? We use all white, inside and out. I think colored lights can look ok in the right setting, however some of our neighbors seem to think if you can buy it and it has lights on it then it means it's a Christmas decoration- hence the glowing palm trees...

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We don't usually having it sitting around. But, we do have some ornament with toes sticking out of the bottom of it that is supposed to be a reference to mistletoe- sorry I don't get it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the first weekend in December. This year we broke my rule and put them up right after Thanksgiving though (everything except the tree) because I was going to be out of town that next weekend. We got our tree the second weekend in December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I like homemade baked mac n' cheese, with the cheese baked to a nice crispy golden brown on top. I can't stand the boxed stuff- which is Chad's favorite food of all time.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My brother and I getting our bikes from Santa and riding them outside in our pajamas.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Someone told me in the 4th grade. Leah, it wasn't the same person that told you but maybe they were teaming up to ruin it for everyone that year!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Chad and I don't, we wait until Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, silver star on top, lots of homemade ornaments and ornaments we have picked up to remember trips or special occassions.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I welcome the snow, since we only get any once every 10 years or so! I would love a white Christmas!

12. Can you ice skate? I'm ok, but I'm more comfortable on roller skates.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Bicycles, dolls, Barbie's... loved them all.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Getting to spend time with the ones you love.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My grandmother's chocolate pie, washed down with some boiled custard.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Chad and I going out to get our tree together.

17. What tops your tree? A silver jewelled star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love to watch people open the gifts we give them.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Lots- Jingle Bell Rock, Rockin around the Christmas Tree, Santa Claus is coming to town, 12 days of Christmas...

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? Yummy- but I'm not crazy of the non-peppermint flavored ones.

21. What do you want for Christmas? Another year of health and happiness- who knows what 2008 will hold in store for us... material speaking we are already tremendously blessed and shouldn't need a thing. But if Santa feels like giving I really need a new watch since mine has been broken since March... a new iPod Nano would be pretty cool too. :)
Hope you get everything you wish for this Christmas!

10 blog buddies said...:

Leah said...

Teale, I guess 4th grade was a bummer year for the both of us! Do you have a recipe for the boiled custard? I'd like to try to make it, since I'm not an egg nog fan at all! Merry Christmas! :)

Unknown said...

I have got to try this boiled custard! Have a great week!!

Leah said...

Love this!

Teale said...

LK- I'm not sure about the recipe. I did find a few by google-ing it but I don't really know how those turn out. If you try one let me know. It is made with eggs, but what we buy in the store does not taste 'eggy' at all. Too bad you can't buy it around here, it's good stuff! :)

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

Ok I normally just read and dont comment...BUT GLOWING PALM TREES???!!! OOO how I would love to see those festive lil decorations! lol Hope you have a great Christmas.

Teale said...

Yes, I really should snap a picture of the palm trees (or as I like to call it, Miami Vice Christmas). Another one of our neighbors has a life size Santa manequin standing on their front porch that scares me to death! Manequins in general just scare me...

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

I might have to try that boiled custard. Sounds good!
Merry Christmas!

Katie said...

There is a house near David and Susan that has the palm trees in their yard year round!

Anonymous said...

Hey Teale! I can't read the boiled custard lines without getting a little sick...haha! Not really but it just sounds gross, just never have liked the word custard. Bluh!

Anonymous said...

oh whoops! I forgot to tell you who anonymous was....hehehe one day I'll get a blogspot and won't have to leave comments like this...Brandi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin