This weekend I visited my dear friend Laura in Atlanta! Laura and I became friends nearly 8 years ago at Auburn in our drafting class. We were later roommates and she and I spent the summer of 2001 in Europe and had a blast. Those are some of my best memories! She's an interior design grad too, and on the side she dabbles in a little handbag making... you should check out her stuff! Laura, I'm envious of your craftiness! I brought along my sewing machine so she gave me a few lessons. We made Martha's Jingle Bell slippers, see pic above. Of course ours weren't as crisp as Martha's but I'd say it was a success. Chad said they are a bit "elf-like" - I say he's just jealous and wants a pair of his own! We also went to the World of Coca-Cola. I have always wanted to go, and they built the new one right next to the aquarium. Apparently, Coke was invented by a pharmacist. I did not know this! We didn't manage to make it out with the secret recipe, but we got to pick our very own glass bottle of Coke off the assembly line. Now that I know a bit more in the sewing dept. I am going to try a few things, so stay tuned...
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago




8 blog buddies said...:
I see you made Laura's header too. I want one!
me too. :)
I'm glad you had a good time in ATL, but even more glad you're back home.
Y'all are the best two wedding hostesses a person could ever ask for... now you're dabbling in slipper construction... too much fun!! :) Love the pics, glad y'all had so much fun!
Looks like you had a blast. The pictures are great. It's great to visit old friends like that. So super duper glad you made it back home safely!
I told you that you need to try and get a job working for Martha. You would love it. :) I'm glad you guys had fun.
i had so much fun this weekend...i'm glad you got to come visit! can't wait to see what else you sew up!
Looks like you had a great trip! And I love the header!
okay, so i thought i had you in my Google Reader and apparently I didn't - so now i'm catching up! HA! Love the slippers... what kind of sewing machines do you girls have!? Yall are so cute - looked like lots of fun!
XOXO
erika
Post a Comment