Saturday we headed down to Auburn (a.k.a. God's country) for the big game. Something I thought was funny (but Chad didn't!) was as we were driving on the interstate towards Auburn someone had displayed the score of this game for the past 5 years on the 5 overpasses leading into Auburn. It was a very chilly day and night but luckily we didn't have any rain combined with the cold. We got to watch the last part of the Kentucky/Tennessee game in Foy (the student union) before heading to the stadium. I had to buy a warm hat on the way because my ears were freezing! As you can see, I managed to find a pretty orange and blue one... We got to see the eagle fly which is always a highlight, gives me chills every time! They had fighter jets do a flyover right after the national anthem which was awesome! If I had known it was coming I would have tried for a picture... instead it scared me to death! We had fun despite the fact that one of our teams would end up losing in the end. Chad was a very good sport considering he was one red dot in a sea of orange. The people we sat by were all very nice and even said he was a pleasure to be around... he's not the annoying fan type anyway though. So the streak (or curse, depending on how you look at it) continues... we manage to still get along just fine. :) Here are some pics and the video of the Iron Bowl intro and Bo Jackson delivering the game ball... excuse the shaking and my screaming!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago




4 blog buddies said...:
Waaaaaarrrrr Eagle!!!!!
WAR EAGLE! The game was kinda boring this year. Wasn't as intense as it usually is but hey we did it for the 6th time now.
Hey~
Thanks for the comment...fellow Spencer hater! Didn't it make you ill when Spencer and Heidi made up? I thought for a second that she wised up a bit! :)
Glad yall are enjoying college football! We are big University of Texas fans....except last Friday when they lost to A&M! BOOO! Dumb Aggies :)
I was an Auburn "fan" once upon a time. Unfortunately my team loyalty was greatly infuenced by a relationship (that didn't work out)! The things we do for love! I did attend an Auburn/Alabama game at Auburn back in the day. They won. It was an electric atmosphere. So fun! OK, I finally started a blog so I wouldn't feel bad for lurking other people's blogs! I hope you're having a great holiday season.
Post a Comment