This has been a really good (and eventful!) week- Tuesday night we went to see Phantom of the Opera with Erin and Stentsen. Stentsen was able to get some last minute tickets and we jumped at the opportunity. I was a little skeptical whether Chad would like it or not. The other broadway shows we've seen have been a little more 'upbeat', but he said he did really like it. The last time I saw Phantom was in London back in 2001 sitting on the very last row (remember that Laura?!) and this time we were down close by the stage. I think I saw a few things that I might've missed before. I had forgotten a lot of the storyline also. And then last night (Thursday) I was on my way home from work as usual. I was trying to think of what to make for dinner, planning to go running with Chad... and I get home and he chunks a poncho at me. (It was very rainy all day and tornadoes were supposedly on the way...) He says "let's go!" - and I realize he has gotten me an early birthday present: RASCAL FLATTS TICKETS!!!! WOOHOO!! Oh, and the poncho thing was because the concert was outside. We head out anyway despite the weather. It was so much fun! Our tickets were on row L, so we're thinking "great, 12th row!". Acutally, row L ended up being the 7th row... AWESOME! I have never been so close at a concert. Kelly Pickler opened up for them, and she was good too. Somehow the storm completely missed us, and it never rained a drop! I was so excited... I love surprises! I have the best husband EVER! Thank you Chad, I love you!
Kelly Pickler



(they did this tribute to the U.S. armed forces as part of the finale- Stentsen this pic is for you!)
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago


8 blog buddies said...:
I really enjoyed The Phantom, too. I thought it was very good. I know you had a wonderful time at the concert! It looks like it was a good one. I'm glad it didn't rain, after all. Thank you for the Marine pic. Stentsen will really like that. :)
Sounds like y'all had a great week! I am soo jealous that you got to go to the concert, but that was very sweet of Chad to surprise you! Have a great weekend!!
what a fun birthday surprise! good job chad! i do remember seeing phantom from the back row...good times!
Hey, I saw you at that concert. They did awesome, didn't they? I have to have their new CD now. Everytime I go to a concert, I'm a die hard fan of them afterwards. =)
Oh I love the Rascal Flatts. What a wonderful birthday suprise. I wish I could have gone. I don't like to go to concerts unless I have good seats. I've seen them before and they do an awesome job. I want their new CD too. Glad you had a great week. See you tomorrow.
I'm so jealous you got to see Rascal Flatts! You DO have the best husband ever - Michael would rather die than go to a concert! I did, however get to go see Phantom - Mom, Matthew and I just got back, in fact. It was pretty good. Do you think you could get Chad to talk to Michael for me? :)
Your pictures are great! I'm so glad I got to see you guys! It was so much fun...even from "up there"!
Ben and I went to see Phantom on Saturday night. We bbth really enjoyed it (I would say I loved it and Ben enjoyed it). I had never seen it before. I am sure seeing it in London was different!
Post a Comment