Wednesday, May 23, 2007

27 weeks...

I had my glucose screening last Friday and was told I would only be called if the results were elevated. They said Monday would be the latest I'd hear back from them and now it is Wednesday and I have heard nothing. I'm going to go ahead and celebrate that I must be in the clear! I was a little worried... I haven't been eating a lot of sweets, but I LOVE carbs! I would never be able to go on one of those high protein diets because I love carbs so much. The test wasn't that bad. I actually thought the drink tasted pretty good, just like Sunkist! I saw the doctor after that and everything is going well. We are right on track, and I only gained a pound over the past 4 weeks so I was so excited about that! The bean now weighs in at about 2 pounds and is around the size of a 2 liter soda bottle. We read that now she is able to open and close her eyes and sleeps/wakes in regular intervals. She's still very stubborn when it comes to letting Chad feel her kick... she always seems to stop right when he tries to feel it. Her kicks are very strong lately and we like to sit and watch my belly jump around. It's a crazy sight. Every now and then she will change the way she is turned/laying and my stomach will be completely lopsided. There are two distinct areas of "something" that we think are a head and a rump, we're just not sure which is which. I'm getting kicked mostly up high now, so the down "something" I hope is her head. I expected them to tell me at the Dr. this time to come back in 2 weeks, but instead they said to come back in 3... We've scheduled our 4D ultrasound for June 15th and are looking forward to seeing more pics of this little one. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

3 blog buddies said...:

Kelly said...

Are you paying for the 4D out of pocket? I always wanted to do that or a 3D but just haven't.

Teale said...

Yes, it is not covered by our insurance. The 4D is the same thing as 3D except you see movement. The still pics we will take home will be considered 3D, but they will put the whole thing on video for us which is great. They do them at my OB's office, you just have to pay out of pocket, it's a hefty $125 but I don't think we could pass it up.

Crystal said...

I am happy that everything turned out ok on the glucose screening. Bring on the sweets this weekend :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin