Thursday, April 26, 2007

23 weeks: party at my crib

We're at foot-long hot dog status this week! She is definitely getting bigger, and I can feel "stuff" (my organs, I guess) getting pushed up into my ribs. Sometimes I even hear this nasty popping sound of something under/around my ribs when I lean forward... it's gross! Her kicks keep getting stronger and stronger. It won't be long until there is very little room left in there for her to wiggle around! Chad has finally been able to feel her move from the outside of my stomach, although she kicks hardest when he's not around. I guess she just likes to be difficult. My doctor's visit on Friday went great. Everything looks great and we're right on track. When they were listening to her heartbeat with the doppler, the nurse made the comment that she is a VERY active baby and we should get ready to have our hands full. This is the second person to tell us this at the doctor's office! I've gotten used to my weekly shots. When I received my refill with more medicine and syringes I was very happy to find that they gave me much smaller needles this time! It definitely makes a difference! We are starting to set up the nursery. First we took the crib out of the box and started to assemble it... it was a bit of a challenge seeing how part of the instructions lacked words of any kind, but it only took us an hour or so for 2 nights and we got it all together! Even though I still have to wash everything, I just had to take the bedding out of the bag and see how it looked on the bed. I love it! Next we can start on the painting! We have picked out our changing table and glider rocker that we will get, curtains, and then a few finishing touches to add and then that will be it! Stay tuned for pictures of our progress! Here are some pics of the crib assembly adventure...



6 blog buddies said...:

Crystal said...

I love the crib and bedding. I can't wait to see it in person. You've posted lots of pictures but you skipped our reaction when we knew you were serious. I saw that on mom's frame also. :)

Teale said...

I have it at home. I usually upload photos at work so that's why... all in due time.

Anonymous said...

I must say that we did a great job and it looks good.

Anonymous said...

It is coming together! It is going to look great! I am really enjoying the pics!

Kim said...

She is going to have the cutest room. I love the bedding! See you tonight!

Kelly said...

Very stylish indeed. Jenna is already planning her "big kid room" for when we let her sis have her "nursery."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin