Tuesday, February 6, 2007

12 weeks: diggin the doppler

So we have made it to 12 weeks. I've read different things about whether the first trimester actually ends at 12 weeks or 14... I'm guessing somewhere in the middle there, but 12 weeks is a crucial milestone in our little bean's development. Our bean has hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. I'm very happy to say that so far I've only gained about 4 pounds... despite the fact that I seem to be eating around the clock. Maybe I should enter one of those competitive eating competitions? I have to give a big thanks to Erin who has introduced me to Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch... yum! That stuff is so good. I'm still not drawn to anything sweet like cookies or candy, and on Saturday I pretty much insisted to Chad that we had to to to Burger King so I could have a flame broiled burger. Nothing else would do. We have rented a fetal doppler from StorkRadio and we are getting to listen to bean's heartbeat at home! Chad says it sounds like we have a little Indian in there doing a rain dance... Click here for the sound clip!

4 blog buddies said...:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That was incredible, I guess since we were the first to post a comment, we heard the heartbeat first!!! Stentsen & Erin

Crystal said...

Nope! Stentsen....you're wrong. I was first. haha.

I love this little one so much.

Anonymous said...

Try the Trail Mix fruit & nut bars -- they are really good.

Molly says hello!

Katie said...

That is a very comforting sound to a mommy! Four pounds is great! I gave up trying to keep my weight within the recommended weight. I only know one person who gained less than what they tell you to gain. So, eat and be merry!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin