Thursday, December 16, 2010

2 holiday faves...

IMG_5637b



Growing up we had one of those bowls to hold unshelled nuts that we would leave out around the holidays. It was one of those with the space in the middle to hold the metal nutcracker and the little picks. I had been searching ebay for a vintage bowl for our home but found myself with a bit of sticker shock!


IMG_5636b



I was thrilled last year when I received one for Christmas from my uncle... and not just any bowl, it belonged to my (late) grandmother. We are enjoying it in our home this holiday season, and it will be a yearly tradition for us as well!

And just to keep the house smelling like some fresh-baked holiday goodness-


IMG_5634b

I cannot tell you how many compliments I've received on THIS candle. Everyone thinks I'm slaving in the kitchen baking up something fabulous. I bought this candle at Wal-Mart probably 3 years ago, and I bring it out during the holidays. It smells SO good. I don't know why it has to be a holiday thing, I should burn this baby year round. I haven't even checked to see if they even carry this scent anymore, but if so I need to stock up!

2 blog buddies said...:

Granna said...

I have that same candle and you are so right...it is wonderful. I like Yankee Candles but this one is the best yet.

Nancy Hood said...

I like reading of someone's memories :) I believe our memories of the good times is God's gift to us getting older and the times when our mind wanders back to the younger days <3

Blog Widget by LinkWithin