Thursday, October 2, 2008

The ritual...
This happened this morning during my "morning nap" training routine, and it has happened lots before:
- change baby
- feed baby
- inspect diaper - contents empty
- rock baby about 5 minutes in prep to lay down (sorry, we're just not at the "lay her down totally awake" stage yet)
- place baby in bassinet
- baby drifts peacefully off to sleep
- wait 5 minutes.... baby squirms a bit... RIIIPPPPPPP!.... (completely fills her diaper)
- baby drifts back to sleep, now with full diaper
- get baby up
- change baby, baby is totally awake now
- rock baby
- attempt to get her to nap again... often unsuccessful
- pat, sing, rock, swing, walk around
- time to feed AGAIN! ... morning nap aborted...

I can't stand the thought of letting her lay there in a messy diaper... but I will admit, it's tempting.

I think we'll take a stroll outside today and enjoy this great fall weather!

teale's digi-designs

4 blog buddies said...:

Kelly said...

Been there. It's a vicious cycle, huh? Ashley JUST started filling her diaper before bedtime after her bath. ARGH!!

Anonymous said...

I know this is serious, but reading this was hilarious! I was SO not expecting the RRRIIIIIPPPP! LOL

I don't blame you one bit, I couldn't let her lay there either. :)

Enjoy the beautiful day! I wish I could be outside enjoying it. :)

Jennifer said...

Peyton ALWAYS went between "sides". She would eat on one side, ruin her diaper, and then eat on the other side. Andrew, however, did EXACTLY what Harper is doing. It seemed like he never got a good nap during the first three months of his life! I think the sleep relaxed him so much that he couldn't keep it in!

Kim said...

lol It was good to talk with you today. I know it can be trying but these days will not last long enough! Look on the bright side...you don't have to worry about her being stopped up :) Love you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin