Friday, August 29, 2008

finished... with a week to spare

Finally... I can breathe a sigh of relief! A big thanks to my mom who drove an hour to spend all day with me yesterday. I kept her busy, or she kept me busy rather... doing all the little stuff that still needed to be done, especially in the nursery. We ended up abandoning the original plan of putting green trim at the bottom of the curtains. It would have only been a couple of inches and we both felt it would need something else to transition from brown to green. Since I really didn't want to get into all of that we decided to stick with what I have now. I like the tabs at the top and they close much more easily now. We took what was leftover of my green fabric and made a little runner for the top of the side table/bookcase and I made a pillow for the rocker. I am very happy with how it all turned out! I will post pics below. You may remember we already had the crib and bedding, and the striped wall so we decided to keep with that preliminary theme and finish it all up with special touches just for Harper. Now all we need is her to occupy it!

the before pic... probably should have had caution tape over the door!

got these letters for the monogram from a great store on ebay... hung them with velcro!
i love this little froggie!
the changing table is stocked and ready to go! I bought these canvases at hobby lobby and painted them with some of the remaining paint from the striped wall. Also hung with velcro, my new best friend.
The newest addition as of today- runner and pillow made w/ extra green fabric.
my comfy little spot!
closet is packed to the brim, but in an orgainized fashion now!


9' ceiling in closet stacked to the top w/ diapers... sah-weet!!!

Chad and I went out last Saturday for our "last date"... not really of course, but our last before our lives really change at least! We went to Brio and had a nice dinner. We even splurged and each of us ordered a dessert... heavenly! I will miss having an excuse to stuff my face! Have a happy labor day weekend! :)

teale's digi-designs

14 blog buddies said...:

Leah said...

WOW!!! It looks BEAUTIFUL! You've done a great job!! You guys can come visit me anytime and you can work our magic at my house!! ;)

Unknown said...

So pretty! That's a great idea about the velcro...I'll have to remember that.

Crystal said...

I love it, love it, love it. The runner on the side table makes it. I really like it. 10 DAYS!!!! WOOO-HOOO!

Kim said...

Every thing looks so well put together! Your closet is out of this world!

Rebecca said...

I love the circle canvases. I am going to share this with a friend of mine who is thinking of decorating with polka dots if she has a girl.
The room looks awesome!

christy said...

I love the decor. And I don't beleive you will need to buy any diapers for a little while at least. Glad all is ready and just waiting now. Cannot wait to see the prescious little angel.

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

Nursery looks great! Can't wait to see that precious Harper! You had a great job with the nursery. Love it! Love the cozy chair, I could fall asleep in that thing it looks so comfortable.

Becks said...

I'm so excited for you!! The room looks amazing!! I love it! I wish my babies closet had all those diapers stacked up, lol!! Can't wait to meet her!

Three plus Me said...

Looks FABULOUS!!! You have such a talent for decorating and coordinating a room!

Anonymous said...

You are the best organizer in the world!!! Everything looks great and I love you guys!

Chad said...

I must say, I think it looks great. You did a great job. I'm so proud of you.

Katie said...

The nursery is adorable! You are very talented. That is great that you have so many diapers. We didn't have to buy diapers for the first 6 months of Hannah's life. It was wonderful!!

Kim said...

Ok... I have already left a comment about the beautiful room. But, I was sitting here thinking and I had to let you know how crazy anxious I am for you to have this baby!

COME ON HARPER!!!!!!!!!!

CL said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Looks like pics from a magazine!! You are so creative!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin