This has been one busy little week. I have a few pictures so I will piece this together one thing at a time. First off, Leah and I went to one of those "paint your own pottery" places a couple weeks ago. I have never been and it was so much fun! I decided to paint a birthday cake plate, I was thinking it would be something we could use to celebrate whoever's birthday it happens to be... they get the colorful plate.
I was happy with how it turned out. They had so many items to choose from it was hard to decide what to paint. I have lots of ideas for next time!
I've been practicing with the tag blankets and have made a few more with some leftover material. I even did this tag blanket and matching burp cloth that someone actually bought from me as a gift- you know who you are, so if you are reading this... Thanks!
I have had some sewing machine issues along the way, but have been making do and learning as I go. The sewing machine I'm currently using is around 30 years old (I think), it was my mom's and I think it weighs around 40 pounds! It's one of those portable deals so I have to make Chad lug it out for me when I want to use it. Because it is so difficult to move around, it has taken up permanent residence lately on our dining room table. Soon I think I'll be in the market for a new one. More sewing project pics coming soon- stuff in the nursery! Stay tuned...
I was happy with how it turned out. They had so many items to choose from it was hard to decide what to paint. I have lots of ideas for next time!I've been practicing with the tag blankets and have made a few more with some leftover material. I even did this tag blanket and matching burp cloth that someone actually bought from me as a gift- you know who you are, so if you are reading this... Thanks!
I have had some sewing machine issues along the way, but have been making do and learning as I go. The sewing machine I'm currently using is around 30 years old (I think), it was my mom's and I think it weighs around 40 pounds! It's one of those portable deals so I have to make Chad lug it out for me when I want to use it. Because it is so difficult to move around, it has taken up permanent residence lately on our dining room table. Soon I think I'll be in the market for a new one. More sewing project pics coming soon- stuff in the nursery! Stay tuned...The big news is that as of 5pm today, I am officially (gasp) UNEMPOLYED! No I didn't get fired or anything crazy... I am changing jobs to something with more hours and no pay, but something I know will be totally rewarding, a stay-at-home mom. We have been planning for this for quite some time and although the big change seems scary, I am so glad to have the opportunity to stay home with Harper. I think I originally thought working through July was a good goal for me because I remember how completely miserable I was at this point in the pregnancy with Kendall. Granted, there were some other issues going on, I had some major fluid retention and was about 15 pounds heavier than I am now. I am just getting to the point in this pregnancy where things are becoming more difficult, but I wouldn't say I'm miserable by any stretch. I feel pretty good, and I will certainly enjoy these last few weeks of much needed relaxation before Harper gets here. At work they had a nice little going away lunch for me with probably the best cake I've ever tasted...
They gave me a huge stash of pampering products and a spa gift certificate. I am SO getting a pregnancy massage and a much needed pedicure! I can't wait. It is bittersweet to leave because I did love my job, but I know my new job will be even better. :) Here's a new belly pic for you... I'm definitely living large these days.
33 week size update: pineapple w/o the leaves!


16 blog buddies said...:
I am so excited for you, Teale! Being a stay-at-home mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's also the most rewarding. I would never change a single second of my time with my boys.
You 3 are and will continue to be in my prayers!
Love the birthday plate you made! We have something similar that we use for special occassions - it's a great tradition to start!
Congrats on being unemployed (hee hee!) I know it's bittersweet, but being a stay-at-home mom is such a wonderful opportunity!
That cake looks almost too good to eat! Enjoy that pregnancy massage (I got one a month before Alex was born & it was heavenly!)
Again...love the tag blaket and burpcloth. Can't wait to see what you're up to next! And congrats on being 'unemployed'!! Some days will be hard and you'll wish for that job back, but most days you'll never look back...those little smiles and laughs are pricless!!
Jen and Brandon sacrifice and do without things and eating out, etc. but it works! You just have to want it bad enough :)
Love the birthday plate and what you sewed. Great job! And you look great. I just want to say how jealous I am that you are getting to stay home. That isn't even an option for us but it will be fine. Good luck! Can't wait for Harper to get here. Not long now.
P.S. Oh the cake is precious love it. I bet it was delicious.
Welcome to the club! I'm home with the girls so you'll always have someone to talk to if you need it. And you aren't THAT large. :o)
I am so happy and excited for you! And that cake looks TOO good!! You definitely deserve all the pampering products and gift certificate. :)
I just love your cake plate and your blanket and burp cloth. So cute! And you look great!!
Yea, yea, yea....you get to stay home and raise my niece, and just forget our 50 emails a day. HAHA! I'm just teasin'. I am so thrilled that you are getting to stay at home with her. It's so much better than someone else being with her more than you. I'm glad that you are able to do that. You must get on and send an email every so often though, OR we can just text what we used to email. :) We have unlimited, right? hehehe
BTW, you look great. I bet Harper is smiling for the camera too, we just can't see her yet.
Congratulations on your promotion! I love love love those paint your own pottery places. And the cake is adorable of course. I will have to file that one away for future cakes!
I think we should make up a Ramen Noodle song since that is what we will be eating all the time now. :)
I love the paint your on pottery place. It has been several years since I have been but I plan to go and paint Blake a piggy bank one of these days. I know you will love being at home with Harper. Nothing compares to being the one that your baby knows is there for them at all times. Those little good morning smiles will stick in your heart. You are so blessed to have a husband that supports your decision to stay home. I am happy for you!
**cough cough** If you need a spa buddy......
Congratulations on your promotion!!! It's worth every sacrifice to be able to be with your children as much as possible! Just enjoy every day because before you know it she'll be starting kindergarten!!
Have fun with the pregnancy massage - I loved mine. It wasn't planned this way, but it worked out that I had mine the same day they induced me! I figured if I went into labor from the massage (which can happen!), then I'd be going to the hospital in a few hours anyway! She used hot stones on my back and feet - it was wonderful!
Congrats on the beginning of your stay-at-home job. I'm happy for you!
I am so happy for you guys! I know you are getting so excited! The big day is just around the corner. I will keep you in my prayers! Also, love the sewing stuff. You have alot of talents!
YAY for you! It's worth it! Love the plate btw and you look great!! Enjoy that much needed rest and pampering before little miss gets here!
I love the birthday plate. When it is my birthday I wont to come and eat off of it!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment