Monday, March 17, 2008

breakfast? ... yeah, that's out.

This weekend was great with nothing major planned. I love those Saturdays with the potential to sleep late, even though I don't always accomplish the sleeping late part. Chad had to be up bright and early to take a certification exam for work so when he left about 7am I was up from then on. I did take advantage of it and cleaned the house (desperately needed to do that), ironed some clothes and shined my kitchen sink (thank you Fly Lady, this has become one of my favorite things- I do have an expedited process if anyone is interested!). After Chad got home we did get in a little afternoon refresher nap then went out to eat with family to celebrate his birthday.

With all the excitement from the eariler post I guess I left out that my due date is September 15th... so less than 6 months to go! Woohoo! Lori and Todd are getting married about 7 weeks later and I am happy that I will be a bridesmaid... a non-pregnant bridesmaid at that! :) Lori, no worries... it'll be on like a chicken bone after this little one comes into the world!

If you haven't been reading Chad's blog you need to check it out... he has lots of interesting pregnancy tales to share. I don't think I'm too embarrassed about any of it so I told him to have at it. I think he knows his limits... hehehe. The tooth brushing thing has gotten better, but not gone away. And if you know me, you know I love cereal. Healthy cereal at that... I don't like frosted, candied, or chocolate anything... I love me some Grape Nuts, plain Cheerios, Wheat Chex, all that bran/fiber stuff! Well, sorry, can't keep the stuff down anymore. It's over. And Corn Flakes will not be coming back into my life for a LONG LONG while... if ever. Let's just say it was... BAD. But don't get me wrong, I'm really just making light of the situation... I am incredibly thankful to be where I am and wouldn't trade it for anything. Less than a month and we find out if "Mojo" is pink or blue! Now if the next six months could just breeze on by... that would be great. I'll have to get Chad to take a belly pic, we don't have any yet. I'm starting to pop out a little more now. 14 week size update: a lemon!

teale's digi-designs

15 blog buddies said...:

Crystal said...

You'll probably be smaller than any of us in that bridesmaid dress. =)

I absolutely, positively, without-a-doubt can't wait to find out if Mojo is a she or he, but I strongly suspect HE. So much I've even been slipping and calling the baby a he. I'll have to apologize to the poor thing if I'm wrong. I'm ready to shop for this booger.

The Nicholson Zoo said...

I have to agree with Crystal, I have a feeling it's a he too. Teale, I would send my old maternity stuff your way, but since Jenny is also pregnant again, she never got to get rid of the clothes before she needed them again. Sorry you're sick and hope to see you soon!
Julie :)

Amanda G. said...

Congrats too! Mom told me the news just before I could read your blog. She still gets info out faster than the speed of technology. :)

Come hang at my pool with me this summer. Having a pool in my own yard is the only way I'll get a maternity swim suit! :) We can stay cool by the pool.

Chad said...

Only 26 weeks left. YIPEE.

Kelly said...

Mojo - the name has stuck forever with me. It is too cute!

When pg w/Jenna I could NOT eat ice cream - one of my all time faves. it is amazing how everything changes!

Leah said...

Teale, to this day I can remember one specific breakfast I ate when pregnant with Carson, and have yet to eat that combo again...bagle, grits and orange juice...I'm grossed out just thinking about it! Hope it's over soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been sick...thats no fun! but I also have a feeling that MoJo is a HE

LaurieR said...

Sorry I am late...I am a horrible blogger, but CONGRATULATIONS! I know that so many people are so happy for ya'll and we'll definitely be keeping you in our prayers! Sorry about the whole breakfast thing though...

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. It's on like a chicken bone huh? Don't kill yourself trying to get skinny b/c you are pretty anyway. I am so glad you are going to be a part of our special day and I am so happy for you guys that I can't even put it into words.

CL said...

Hey Teale! I don't know if you remember me but I was in Delta after you left (I went to school with Chad, though). Anyway, I have been following yours and Chad's blog and I just wanted to tell you CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you!! God bless!!

~Carol Leah (Kelly) Hatfield

Heather said...

I remember those days! I'm still so excited for you guys!

Kim said...

I love baby Mojo already I am going to predict boy just 'cause! I am not sure if Chad told you or not but kids toothpaste has less of a bite to it and I was able to use Hailey's during my pregnancy with Blake and it was tolerable. BTW I used the fly lady for a while and it is amazing what a shined up sink can do for you! She is a little obsesive though and eventually I got burned out with all the emails... good luck to you!

Teale said...

CL-
yes I remember and 'know of' you through various people. Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes!

Kim-
I may have to try the toothpaste. I keep thinking it's not the flavor just the gag factor, but maybe not. I can't do the fly lady emails either... I appreciate her helpful hints but she does have way too much time on her hands! I do love my shiny sink though! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on holding the wonderful secret so long - it's hard isn't it?! have you tried the vanilla toothpaste? it was the only thing i could handle.
i was so thrilled this week - i had my first post-pregnancy chili dog...it was sooo good. :)

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

I'm excited to see what "Mojo" is going to be. I have that feeling it is a boy too. I'm glad the toothbrush thing is getting better. That happened to me the other night and I thought "Oh no here we go" but it hasn't happened again so maybe I will get lucky and not have that problem. I'm so excited for ya'll I can't wait to see "Mojo" pictures in a month.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin