Tuesday, November 13, 2007

your questions answered...

OK, some of you just like to lurk and not comment. There's no shame in that. I do it too. This was fun though, and questions are always welcomed. So here you go-

(Leah K.) What are you getting for Christmas? Well, of course whatever I get for Christmas will be a big surprise and all that good stuff… but I will admit I’ve had my eye on the new iPod Nano for a while now. We’ll see how that shakes out. Spa packages are always welcomed as well! :)

(Kim S.) No Criss Angel sightings. We did walk by his ‘production office’ in the Luxor and went in the Criss Angel store. Apparently Criss is teaming up with Cirque de soleil and will have a show at the Luxor in 2008. I’m intrigued… oh, and no on the celebrity “little people”, although we did see several advertisements for them performing ON ICE!

(Shannon) How are you doing? How do you feel about the upcoming holidays? Shannon, first of all I am incredibly sorry to hear of your loss. I hate the thought of anyone having to go through anything like this and although I cannot say I know exactly how you feel because every situation is different, I understand what you have been/are going through. So how am I doing- I don’t really know how to answer that. “Good” seems like such a horrible answer, because I don’t really know that there is really a ‘normal’ when it comes to dealing with this sort of thing. I have good days and bad days, definitely more good than bad, so I do think I’m slowly moving on in the best way I know how. I try to be an encourager to others and just stay positive. About the holidays- I don’t really know. Right now it isn’t something I dread because Kendall isn’t with us. I think just knowing she is in heaven and we came away from it all knowing we had, beyond a shadow of a doubt, done everything we could for her is of great comfort to us. I’m sure on some level it will be sad, but every day we try and stay positive and look to the future. All hope is not lost because we will see her again one day. Sometimes it’s hard trying to be patient, but we do know great things are in store for us. I’m sending you an email by the way…

(Liz H.) How did you and Chad start dating? Well, honestly, the internet. But it’s not really cut and dry like that. We didn’t meet on the internet, we met our freshman year at Faulkner, but we didn’t start dating until 2002 and I was then at Auburn. Basically, I had an AOL email account that I was getting ready to close and I was going through all my ‘buddy’ contacts from my Faulkner days and deleting the people that didn’t use them anymore. Chad was online the night I was doing this so on a whim I sent him a “hey chad, this is teale, how are ya” IM. It started there, and we didn’t go on an actual date for several months, but the rest is history. Right place, right time, and both of us were at the same point in our lives I guess… it just worked out.

(Laura) When are you coming to see me? Soon! I need my ATL fix!

(Leslie) Do you know my cousin Manny and his wife Miranda? I don’t, but Chad does.

(Jenny) What is your job? I’m an interior designer. I transferred from Faulkner to Auburn to major in Graphic Design, but wound up in Interior Design instead and I love it. I work for an architectural firm in Birmingham and have been here ever since I graduated. We design schools, offices, churches, banks, and I have done a few kitchens for some of our clients. I do mostly space planning on the computer, design custom millwork like reception desks, select furniture, lighting, and finishes. I love my job… but I hope to one day be a stay-at-home mom. :)

(Tammy) When did you start going to Backwoods? (Side note- Backwoods is a Christian Camp in the "backwoods" - seriously, it's in the middle of nowhere.) I think I remember going for the first time in 9th grade, so that would be somewhere around 1993? I went at least once a summer every year after that through 1997. I remember you from BCC too! :)

(Derrick-I’m answering your question here) When were you at the Grand Canyon? We were there Thursday the 8th. And I’m not really sure which part, the western part I’m guessing. We were very close to the new ‘Skywalk” they have built. Strange coincidence! Oh and congrats... and now I know you have a blog so we will be stalking you now too. ha ha ha

1 blog buddies said...:

Natalie said...

am i a stalker? no but i definitely stalked the heck out of everything to get to this post! i am researching peacock pavers for a client (who loves the look of travertine but not the pricetag) and when looking it up online, found a post on erika's blog about it, saw you commented and said you used them a lot, went to your page, looked up "interior design" and VOILA! easy right? ummm...so i wouldnt have {normally} commented except...

i too graduated from auburn in interior design and have my own business in mobile al. i would love to pick your brain about using pavers...thoughts/drawbacks/use in kitchen(?)/etc.

if you have a sec, and i understand if you dont(!) my email address is nattyroe@gmail.com. and to prove im not crazy {all the time} my blog is www.theroefam.blogspot.com OR www.natalieroe.blogspot.com

thanks so much!
natalie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin