Tuesday, August 7, 2007

i love technology...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But not at my house! I am currently over at Crystal and Nathan's enjoying their highly coveted DSL internet access. (Let's not forget they live 5 minutes from us, yet we still can't get DSL... this is my gripe as of lately.) When I got here their dog wasn't in the usual place in the basement and I had quickly convinced myself that that along with the fact that their garage is almost bare (somehow I forgot they are about to move!) that someone had broken in, cleaned them out, taken their dog, and was waiting to kill me. Then I couldn't decide what was worse... that I was about to die or that I was going ot have to call Crystal and tell her the dog had been kidnapped. No fear... all was well and Abbie was upstairs being lazy. I think she's glad to have some company. Now she can't decide at the moment if she wants to be in my lap or on the floor. If she is in my lap she wants to stand and help me type on the keyboard. Oh... and note to Crystal... if you must leave this dog with the tv on for entertainment, leave her with something juicy like soaps, Montel or Judge Judy. She was watching something about the Steelers!
We have been watching Braves baseball a lot lately (this happens every year at this time). Except this year, Chad is convinced I have magical powers because every game I watch, they win. Well... except that one the other day... but he says it was because I was only in the room and not actually watching. I was reading my blogs (on dial-up... so I missed about 4 innings). I did call the grand slam by the opposing team that same night literally seconds before it happened. So basically, now I not only get praised for helping the Braves win, but I get in trouble if they lose because it is *my* fault and I didn't put forth *my* best effort. :)
I also wanted to give an update on how the donations for Kendall are going with Indian Creek. So far we have raised over $4000. With our original goal at $5000 we are doing really well. It is my understanding that with the money raised they are planning to build a new building down by the creek and they are hoping to be able to put in some bathrooms. I haven't been to that part of the camp, but apparently this is a very big deal because there are no bathrooms there at the moment and it is quite a hike to the nearest facility if you've gotta go. If we meet the goal of $5000 we will also be able to get a plaque for the building with Kendall's name on it, which would really be nice. We are happy to see the good that is being done in spite of our loss. We continue to receive cards every day from people to say they are praying for us. I can honestly say that I believe the prayers for comfort and strenth are working. Despite everything that has happened we have an incredible sense of peace, and we continue to get stronger each and every day.
I could say more, but I think I will head over to EBay... who I haven't paid a visit to in a while. I've missed you old friend! Oh, and stay tuned because by popular demand my good friend Belinda has entered the blogworld and we are eagerly awaiting her first post!

6 blog buddies said...:

Crystal said...

You are too funny! I laughed and laughed when you called in a panic. I'm sure Abbie was tickled to see you. I do leave juicy stuff on the TV, but b/c of TIVO, Nathan's shows take over quickly.

I'm amazed at how much has already been given in Kendall's remembrance. That is awesome and yes the hike is not a fun one (in car or on foot) if you have to visit the rr. This will help out tremendously.

We are ALL awaiting Belinda's first post. No pressure though Belinda. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Your story is so funny! I was laughing hysterical as I was reading it, just imagining you creaping into the house! :)

The donation amount is awesome! That is really great to hear. Her name on a plaque would be so nice.

We love you guys!

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

Teale you are so funny! You mad my morning reading this. I'm so excited to hear about the donations.

I'm going to make my first post tonight. I tried to at work but I got blocked. I know how you feel about dial up except we have DSL but my mother-in-laws computer must be ancient because it is so slow it might take me all night to post it. Ya'll have a great day and get ready for my first post.

Love you all

Leah said...

Your post is too funny! I know what you mean about dial-up...though I COULD have it, I don't because of the $$$

I love EBAY too! I have to stay away! It's like the spirit of EBAY takes over my body and I must bid...bad, bad, bad!!

I'm so happy to hear about the donations for Kendall. I think that's great. And the idea of what do with them is equally as great, it's a hike when you've gotta go!

I hope you're feeling well. You looked great last week!

Lots of Love! Leah

Anonymous said...

You can come use my computer any time you want. You've got a key don't you?

Love Ya

Leah said...

Hey girl! It was so good to see you all Friday night. Thank you for coming! Don't forget to e-mail me that

Blog Widget by LinkWithin