This morning's appointment went fairly well. Although a significant decrease in the level of fluid in her chest could not be determined, they could not see where it had gotten any worse at all. This is the next best thing and we'll take it. They did say it appears her edema (swelling under the skin) may have actually gotten a little better, we are hoping for this! Another positive is that my amniotic fluid level has dropped a little bit which is great. Since my fluid levels and hers can be related we are hoping this means hers could begin to decrease as well. They could also see on the ultrasound that she is making "breathing movements" which is a really good sign. We hope this means her lungs are developing on track. The amnio itself wasn't that bad. It was more awkward and uncomfortable than painful. They have told us we will probably get the results on Tuesday of next week so keep praying everything will turn out fine! I have not been feeling her move quite as much lately, so just for precaution we did a non-stress test. (I think I forgot to mention we also did one on Tuesday that turned out perfect.) Today her heartrate was down a bit compared to Tuesday, and we really thought there was a good chance we were going to be admitted to the hospital. The doctor checked it out and felt ok with it though, she did perk up towards the end of the test and they think she might have just been sleeping or having a lazy morning (maybe she takes after me!). Please continue to pray for us and the upcoming test results, we are doing our best not to worry and we know God is in full control of everything. Thanks to everyone for all of your support thus far.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago


7 blog buddies said...:
I am so glad your appointment went well today. We will definitely keep praying for all of you and for positive results on Tuesday. We are here for you if you need anything at all. Love you guys!
I hope everything is okay. Praying for you guys. I know waiting in any way can be hard - especially w/something like this.
I hate that you are all having to go through all of this. You've all been in our prayers. I know that its hard. We love y'all.
I was about to call and thought I better check the bean blog first :) I have had you on my mind all day. I am (along with everyone else who knows and loves you) very glad today went well. Brad and I will continue to pray for your little girl and more good news reports! BTW I had a dream last night you told me her name lol funny thing is I couldn't remember it when I woke up... OH WELL....(((HUGS)))
I'm thankful y'all got some encouraging news. We're still praying!
You've been in my thoughts and prayers all week and will continue to be!
I just want you to know I'm thinking about you this morning and will say a special prayer for you all today. I pray you get the results you're hoping for.
Post a Comment