Tuesday, July 10, 2007

34 weeks...

6 weeks left! Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement. This is definitely a scary time but so far the positives still outweigh the negatives. We went for a fetal echocardiogram this morning with the pediatric cardiologist and were very happy to find out that her heart looks completely normal and the excess fluid in her chest is not being caused by a heart abnormality. It is still frustrating not knowing the exact cause and the doctors are still thinking it is related to some type of infection. We will get another look on Friday to access the fluid levels and we are hoping and praying for some sign of improvement. This afternoon will be my first weekly check-up with the high risk maternity clinic at UAB. We have transferred all of our info and paperwork and will be going to UAB from here on out. The doctors did mention that in a case like this it is better for the baby to do a c-section instead of putting the baby through the stress of labor. They said most likely she wouldn't tolerate it well and we'd need a c-section anyway. Plus, the fact that my amniotic fluid level is on the high side puts me at greater risk for cord prolapse or placental abruption should my water break, so a planned c-section would be the way to go. We did get good news that my gallbladder looks okay right now. They did say I have some "sludge" in it, but no sign of stones or a need to have it taken out. The pain is most likely related to the stretching of my uterus due to the increased fluid level. I have been so much more uncomfortable over the past week and I'm guessing that is why. My feet and ankles are really swollen from the extra weight I've been carrying around. I'm trying to keep my feet up as much as possible and that seems to help (until I get up again!). We are packing our hospital bag because it very well could be any day now. Again, please continue to keep all of us in your prayers and we will keep you updated.

6 blog buddies said...:

Crystal said...

That is SUCH good news about her little heart. There are so many prayers going up for this little angel. We love you and hope you keep getting positive news. Please call me tonight and let me know how you like the Dr's there.

Granna said...

I have prayed for you every day. The news about her heart sounds great. You will have to ask my Kim about c-sections- she is the queen. I told her that if everyone did as well with sections as she did, people would opt out of "natural" deliveries! You will both be fine, I just know.

Unknown said...

I didn't know I was the "queen" of c-sections, but I have had 2 already and getting ready for number 3! The fear of the unknown with the first one is the worst of all, but it's not that bad! We're still praying for you all!

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

Hey there. I go to Sylvan Springs CofC and have never met but Ive been following your blog for awile as our due dates were similar (Aug 13 was mine). I actually delivered my baby at 29 weeks on June 3rd due to PIH & low fluid and we spent 4 weeks in Brookwood NICU so I definitely understand your worry and stress level these days. I know times are scarey for you guys right now but hang in there and keep your chin up! You have been in my prayers for awhile now & you and your lil baby will stay there. Tina Maddox

Anonymous said...

i love you guys and am praying that everything continues to go well. let me know if you need me- i'm only a/b an hour and a half away.
love, bambi

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear the good news about her little heart. We will continue to pray for you and your baby girl. We love you guys and we are here for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin