The beanette is nearly a pound and 10-1/2" long this week. She's the size (curled up, I assume) of a large grapefruit, and she is kicking up a storm! We're still using our doppler we rented, and she now will kick at the probe. It makes a really funny sound when she does that. This past weekend we attended the Lads to Leaders National Convention in Nashville. We enjoy going to this every year to support the program and the kids involved from our home congregation. There is always a lot of walking involved... it is held at the Gaylord Opryland resort which is HUGE. I tried to pace myself this year and I did just fine. I even managed without my Mt. Everest sized body pillow (who I have named Pablo the Pillow, but I was happy to get him back!) It was unusually cold up there this year, so we drove to the Opry Mills mall instead of walking there like we normally do- That mall is insanely large... a few sit down breaks along the way were nice. We had a yummy dinner at the Rainforest Cafe with some of our friends, we even ordered THE VOLCANO for dessert! I did bring home an extra couple of pounds despite all the walking (I blame the volcano), but my belly really is getting big and round these days. It's funny because since it's been a gradual thing I don't seem to really realize I'm getting bigger, but looking back at pictures (and not fitting into my regular clothes anymore!) really reminds me that I sure have come a long way. I'm starting to wonder if I'll really have room in there for a 7 pound+ baby. I'm still feeling great and only at the end of the day feel a little uncomfortable, and usually by then I'm headed to bed anyway. This weekend we plan to take a new belly pic so I'll be posting that next week... be prepared for the buddha belly. Question of the week: Did you buy one of those glider/rockers? If so, where'd you find it?? We're still searching...
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago


4 blog buddies said...:
I am glad you enjoyed yourself in Nashville! I didn't get a glider rocker with HP but I am getting one this time. I told Brad I needed one comfy enough to hold and rock both my babies at the same time ~ Babies R Us has some nice ones :)
Nope. Not sure if I will this time either...If you have then $$ to though, go ahead! :o)
I am glad that L/L wasn't that hard on you. I wish we had Opry Mills in B'ham. It is the greatest mall! I did buy a glider. We bought it from Baby Depot in Burlington Coat Factory.
You will be amazed at much room that baby can make :) I got a rocker from Wal-Mart...it was only $90, and is still holding up great with Noah.
Post a Comment